Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended

First, lets get something straight i don't work for HP, this is a user to user forum and while HP moderaters do check in from time to time most of the posters here are users (just like you)

second, my replys are written to cover a wide range of people who come here looking for information, as such parts of my reply may not apply to you, or go over parts you allready know, if so you can decide which parts are for the general audience and ignore those parts.

third, i did not comment on your warranty registration issues because you provided no information reguarding where/how you tried to register the item and what errors/problems you encountered. and since i have made no comments on this it's not really fair of you to complain that it's my fault i haven't mentioned it 

last,  again all i did was point out that the item if bought from HP or bought as part of a HP system, may have diffrent warranty terms than if bought from a reseller, no where did i mention "system builders" so please stop saying i did. i also commented on why no firmware updates is a good thing in my opinion

please stop replying in a agressive manner, i'm only trying to help 

HP Recommended

Well you aren't helping... especially with inaccurate information. At this point I need official answers. And I haven't provided additional info to you because you aren't official HP support. For the record I've provided that to them via PM and they still haven't responded.  I'm only responding aggressively because you stated what I posted was false info when it's actually the truth! You can't make up official documentation and packaging. So please just move on buddy.

HP Recommended

@saunupe1911

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

I work on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

Thank you. Someone PMed me and I already sent necessary information a couple days ago. I still haven't heard back though. It's the weekend.

HP Recommended

Hi @Rick-S,

I'm the OP on this thread and I would also like to get in touch with someone at HP who may be able to help me register my product. That's one of the goals I hoped to accomplish from the product page that I couldn't find. Could you also please forward my info to your contacts?

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Hi Saunupe1911,

OP here. I am actually in agreement with you regarding there being no way to register this product. I think the confusion about the warranty is that it originally had a 3-year warranty, but was later extended by 2 years to match competitive products.

On my product package I have the same +2 year warranty sticker, but in the bottom left there is a 3-year limited warranty logo. I am assuming the +2 sticker was added later and represents the extended 5-year warranty term. Now, as you have said, it doesn't matter if it has a 100-year warranty if you can't register it, so I'd love to be able to do that also.

If you have heard back from the HP reps, would you mind messaging me any contact info you have? Thanks.

HP Recommended

Hi Impersonate,

I've sent my info to HP via PM but I have not heard back from them. I'm returning my SSD. I got it at a great price but you get what you pay for. There's basically zero support for us. I expecting more from HP. I'm quite shocked actually.

HP Recommended

@impersonate

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

I work on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

Hi Sanupe,

I completely agree.  Fortunately I found your posts and as a result I won't buy this item (tempting as it may be).  I am only replying to reinforce to HP the importance of backing up products with online product information, registration and support prior to bringing the product to market.  HP, you are losing sales as a result.

HP Recommended

Obviously the HP EX920 SSD drive is not an HP product since HP themselves don't even know about it. I am curious what [edit] action is being taken to deal with fraudulent HP products such as this one being sold through major e-tailers and what ramifications are posted for us that have been ripped off?  The box itself looks non-oem, sealed and even has a HP hologram on it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.