Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Good morning!

Thank you very much for your Help and Support!
I installed new RAM in my HP desktop computer.
1.Which HP Hardwar Diagnostic for Windows  or Hardwar Diagnostic  UEFI  program OR ANOTHER program should I use? 

2.Which tab should I use?

3.I used a USB flash drive when using the HD Hardware Diagnostics UEFFI.
The test stopped 99 percent and stopped. The computer did not respond to the ESK key.All tests were successful.

What should be my actions?

Thank you very much for your Help and Support!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You bothered yourself for nothing
The test is done and it is ok
no need to do more
I can not know the differences in software, but the principle remains the same if the test is ok, no worries no matter the rest

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hello
It seems to me that you have opened several similar threads, to avoid !!
To respond to the question
If you have installed memory and the computer is working, why would you want to take this test?
If the pc does not work properly, maybe you are not using the right modules, so you will have to say a little more about it!
For the software, it is normally installed as original, this should be enough, otherwise it does not matter enough to install the latest version, and to carry out the tests as indicated in the link!

HP PCs - Testing for Hardware Failures | HP® Customer Support

if windows starts simply as indicated then:

Open HP PC Hardware Diagnostics and run the Fast Test.
  1. In Windows, search for and open the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics for Windows app.
    If this app is not on your computer, download the latest version from the HP Hardware Diagnostics websit
Installing HP PC Hardware Diagnostics for Windows
This tool runs within the Windows operating system to diagnose hardware failures.
  1. To download the latest version, go to the HP Hardware Diagnostics website.
  2. In the How do I Use Diagnostics? section, click Download Diagnostics Windows.

• In Windows, search for HP PC Hardware Diagnostics for Windows and select Run as administrator.
    If this app is not on your computer, download the latest version from the HP Hardware Diagnostics website.

selecting Run as administrator
  • When the tool opens, select the type of diagnostic test you want to run, and then follow the on-screen instructions.

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Thank you for your Help!

I am sorry for the trouble!!!

I checked everything, but I did not find that it was testing RAM in the HP Hardwar Diagnostic for Windows programs and the HP Hardwar Diagnostic UEFI program.

Can you see it clearly on the screenshoot?

Thank you !

HP Recommended

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

Thank you very much for the letter!!!

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP AND SUPPORT !!!

I AM SORRY FOR THE TROUBLE !
I think the three tests are related to checking processor memory.
I am attaching files.

01.png02.png03.png
And I want to check the computer's RAM.
How can I make sure that the computer’s RAM is being checked?

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP AND SUPPORT !!!

HP Recommended

I don't understand your problem
You did well as I mentioned
You have as an indication: Memory Extensive test
There is indeed a processor test, no choice, it is well written passed, so ok
And then the memory test: Passed!
So you have nothing more to do
Please validate the answer by marking the solution given

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

Thank you for your Help!

I wanted to understand where specifically RAM testing is going on?

HP Recommended

sorry, i don't understand your question ..
What do you want to know exactly?

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

Thank you for your HELP!

1.Can I be completely sure that the  memory tab of  HP Diagnostics  UEFI ver 7.6.1.0  checks  the computer's RAM too ?

2.I know , that HP Diagnostics  UEFI 7.6.1.0 starts without Windows .

Which is difference between HP Diagnostics  UEFI 7.6.1.0  and HP Diagnostics for Windows ver 1.6.4 ?

3.Is it enough to have only one program  HP Diagnostics  UEFI  7.6.1.0 ? (or it is better to install additionally HP Diagnostics for Windows ver 16.4 ?)

Thank you for your HELP!

HP Recommended

You bothered yourself for nothing
The test is done and it is ok
no need to do more
I can not know the differences in software, but the principle remains the same if the test is ok, no worries no matter the rest

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.