Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Compaq Elite 8300 Minitower cz*****M
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello! I want to buy an ASUS GeForce GTX 1650 (ROG-STRIX-GTX1650-O4GD6-GAMING) for HP 8300.

Question: Is this video card compatible with this PC with cable 6 pin to pci-e to sata power?

PSU 320 wtt, not support 6 pin power

Thanks for the answer!

a5.jpg

pci.jpgHP 8300.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

the answer is simple,  NO PSU for your PC told, wattage? PSU are an option on all real desktops. new and after.

the card need only fit the slot

and guess what no OEM spec,s this of the top 6 makers, not ever

you must use a ruler,  if PC has, 4.2:"high cards now , buy those not the low profile (weaklings)

there are 12 makers of cards and each tells you the length of the card for sure, 1,2,3 fan cards are NO THE SAME.

1650 is 75watt card has no aux power jacks and means no need for PSU over, 300 watts,  180 is no good as seen on some PCs.

ok 320w you and the card has no 6 pin or 8pin AUX jack,  if does then is not  std grade 1650 is it.

some gamer cards are over this yes.

i looked at your real card and for sure has 1x6 jack aux,  some books lie so I LOOK.

so buy a sata 15pin to 6 pin cable adapter off fleabay or amazoned.

1: user a ruler inside PC find  9.5" inches log space on x16slot rear to front and not hit THINGS.

241mm space,  long, metric, if you like mm.

this card is 100watt TPD card, so only needs 25watt or 2 tiny extra amps on that 6pin jack so any adaptation here works.

NO warranty answers by me.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

the answer is simple,  NO PSU for your PC told, wattage? PSU are an option on all real desktops. new and after.

the card need only fit the slot

and guess what no OEM spec,s this of the top 6 makers, not ever

you must use a ruler,  if PC has, 4.2:"high cards now , buy those not the low profile (weaklings)

there are 12 makers of cards and each tells you the length of the card for sure, 1,2,3 fan cards are NO THE SAME.

1650 is 75watt card has no aux power jacks and means no need for PSU over, 300 watts,  180 is no good as seen on some PCs.

ok 320w you and the card has no 6 pin or 8pin AUX jack,  if does then is not  std grade 1650 is it.

some gamer cards are over this yes.

i looked at your real card and for sure has 1x6 jack aux,  some books lie so I LOOK.

so buy a sata 15pin to 6 pin cable adapter off fleabay or amazoned.

1: user a ruler inside PC find  9.5" inches log space on x16slot rear to front and not hit THINGS.

241mm space,  long, metric, if you like mm.

this card is 100watt TPD card, so only needs 25watt or 2 tiny extra amps on that 6pin jack so any adaptation here works.

HP Recommended

ahh did not see your  adapter, until by accidentally scrolled way deeper

sure that works. sure.

so just lengh matters.

9.5" long. use a ruler, power off ac not connect to wall.

some PCs the card cage is in the way or  slots below have cards in the way, I can not see inside your PC

mine is chock a block full , of vast things. 

we also remove cages inside PCs go SSD and remove hDD giant cages to clear path for any GPU you can name,

I see your 8300MT, no cage behind GPU nothing works better this but case too tall scares some folks.

even more room than my z600

it's all  a GO.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the answer. The card does have a connector for additional power. I measure the dimensions inside the case with a ruler.
Thanks again.

card.jpg

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.