Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hp envy te 2265 t
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So I am trying to upgrade the power supply of a
 “hp envy te 2265 t” but I can not find a 650 or 700 watt psu please help!!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I actually was going to upgrade the graphics card to ac rtx 3060 and thought I needed more wattage but I noticed the te 01 2275xt has one with the same power supply so I guess the standard 400 can handle it

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Is this your computer: HP ENVY Desktop TE01-2265t PC (33P23AA#ABA)

It comes with a 400 Watt power-supply.

Most processors require only 65 to 100 Watts.

That leaves at least 300 Watts for the motherboard and the video-adapter and the CD/DVD and power to USB devices.

If you upgrade from a "spinning" disk-drive to a SSD, that will greatly reduce the wattage needed for running Windows.

What is your reason for wanting to change the power-supply?

HP Recommended

I actually was going to upgrade the graphics card to ac rtx 3060 and thought I needed more wattage but I noticed the te 01 2275xt has one with the same power supply so I guess the standard 400 can handle it

HP Recommended

And the first thing I did was switch to a ssd when I bought it so now the question is is 400 watts enough to overclock 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.