Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hp Pavilion Desktop 550-a114
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, first time poster.  Just had a question that I was hoping someone could answer.  The CPU fan in my HP Pavilion Desktop 550-a114 is on it's way out as it was making noise and barely moved for a bit.  Cleaned it out but still makes noises at times and do not want to chance it.  So I bought a new fan (iFOX) installed it but when I turned the unit back on the fan did not run and I got a "fan not detected " message.  Booted up multiple times and the same happened.  Does a CPU fan need to be compatible with this unit and if so which ones would work?

Thanks..

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@Kep69

Your machine has a motherboard  which supports the AMD Beema APU only. The processor is not upgradable. Its specs

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c04755753

The fan must be compatible with the existing AMD A8-6410 processor.  The fan should have part # on it but I could not find from HP

http://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?searchText=M9Z89AA

The iFOX fan won't run could be due to the voltage/wattage therefore system won't be able to detect it, Please go to a good computer shop and buy a same one.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thank you very much for the info.  Unfortunately no computer shops in my area  carry these small fans.  I took your info and have searched online but no luck.  There is no name on this fan, no voltage info and no name brand.  There are some numbers on it which I searched weeks ago and produced zero results.  What a headache...

HP Recommended

Have you found a compatible fan? I am having the same problem with my cpu fan and cannot find a replacement. I would rather not change out the whole heatsink just because a fan goes bad.

HP Recommended

Found a Evercool fan and it works great.

HP Recommended

What is the Evercool CPU fan part number #   ?    I'm having the same part search issue for my HP 550-A114.   Thank You

HP Recommended

100_5244.JPG

HP Recommended

Just posted a photo of the fan.  Got it on ebay cheap

HP Recommended

Thank you...........that was very helpful

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.