Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Omni 120-1110ea
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi,

I am hoping someone can help.

I have tried to upgrade the RAM from 4GB to 8GB by installing 2 new identical RAM Cards with the following specifications: 4GB DDR3L-1600 SODIMM 1.35V.

Unfortunately the Bios is only recognising one of the cards.  I have taken the following steps:

1.  Checked the HP website to ensure I have the latest Bios
  2.  Checked that the cards are seated properly
  3.  Checked the RAM is not faulty by trying them individually
  4.  Ensured the slots are not faulty by trying one slot at a time
  5.  Tried a new RAM card with the existing RAM.

Any help will be appreciated.

Ryan

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Is it a comun problems on processor intel replace your processor and try again

HP Recommended

Hi

Your PC does not support DDR3-1600 RAM.

Here are the Memory upgrade specs for your motherboard:

• Dual channel memory architecture
  • Two 204-pin DDR3 SODIMM sockets
  • Supports the following:
    • PC3-8500 (DDR3-1066)
    • PC3-10600 (DDR3-1333)
  • Non-ECC memory only, unbuffered
  • Supports 1 GB, 2 GB, and 4 GB DIMMs
  • Supports up to 4 GB on 32-bit* systems
  • Supports up to 8 GB on 64-bit systems

Tom

HP Recommended

@Grzwacz,

To the point reply from the HP support page.  Accurate and concise.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

Hi wb2001

Thanks for the feedback.

Tom

HP Recommended

Thanks Tom.

The Crucial System Scanner must be inaccurate. 

However it is strange how the motherboard does recognise 4GB of DDR3-1600 RAM if it is incompatable.

Ryan    

HP Recommended

Hi Ryan26

You are welcome.

Crucial memory is an HP recommended source for memory upgrades.

I don't use the Crucial system scanner. I manually drill down to the HP product number when selecting RAM at the Crucial site.

You could download CPUZ. Run this program with the 1600 RAM installed.

Click on the "SPD" and "Memory" tabs. Check the specs.

I can't explain why the system will post with one of the Crucial sticks installed.

What memory slot is causing the problem? Can you POST with one stick of the HP factory RAM in either slot?

Tom

HP Recommended

@Ryan26 wrote:

Thanks Tom.

The Crucial System Scanner must be inaccurate. 

However it is strange how the motherboard does recognise 4GB of DDR3-1600 RAM if it is incompatable.

Ryan    

Like i said the memory core speed is managed by your CPU and the CPU downgrade the speed to 1066 because is impossible for your cpu to manager the 1600 speed, but the problem to wont show the full memory is because some boards or cpu have problems with the memory channel and only manage 1 at time,  not 2 at same time (your board have a embebed CPU you cant change it) you need to go ahead and change your pc or try another memory brand (sometimes work).

Folow your CPU especification 

Intel® Pentium® Processor G630

Memory Specifications

ark.intel.com/products/53483/Intel-Pentium-Processor-G630-3M-Cache-2_70-GHz

HP Recommended

> installing 2 new identical RAM Cards with the following specifications: 4GB DDR3L-1600 SODIMM 1.35V.

What is the manufacturer of the RAM?

Same manufacturer for both sticks?

Most sticks of RAM have a tiny 'SPD' ("serial presence detect") chip in addition to the RAM chips.

The SPD will contain information like:

Type DDR3
Size 4096 MBytes
Manufacturer Corsair
Max Bandwidth PC3-10700H (667 MHz)

Timing table

Frequency CAS# Latency RAS# To CAS# RAS# Precharge tRAS tRC Voltage
JEDEC #1 444.4 MHz 6.0 6 6 16 23 1.500 V
JEDEC #2 592.6 MHz 8.0 8 8 22 30 1.500 V
JEDEC #3 666.7 MHz 9.0 9 9 24 34 1.500 V

This stick of RAM, manufactured by "Corsair" will run at its rated speed (667 Mhz) and two slower speeds (444.4 Mhz and 592.6 Mhz).

I am thinking that the SPD on your RAM either does not allow any "slower" speeds, or that the "slower" speeds that it does offer do not match the speed of RAM that is required by your motherboard.

Awaiting your feedback as to the manufacturer of those two sticks that you purchased ...

HP Recommended

@Ryan26

Make sure that both dimms match up to the below dimms that HP used for the Leon motherboard. Use a matched set.  You should be able to locate the below dimms (posted by HP) via a third party HP parts supplier.  Once installed, then clear the CMOS.

572294-D88Memory - SODIMM, 4GB PC3-10600 CL9

The BIOS is your PC is fairly old so I suggest that you try running the HP Support Assistant and see if it discovers a BIOS update.

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.