Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP pavilion HPE
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Model: h8-1170uk

Windows 10. Up to date.

It came with 2x4GB Ram

I just ordered & installed an additional 2x4GB Ram in the 2 available slots (DUOMEIQI 4GB DDR3 PC3-8500 DDR3 1066 Mhz RAM Desktop, Ram DDR3 2Rx8 PC3 8500U 204pin DDR3 UDIMM Memory 1.5V CL7 Upgrade Chips for Intel AMD)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07D3L3YMH/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

But my pc is still declaring only 8GB Ram

What can i do?

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

Your MB has four memory slots. The PC shipped with PC3-10600 (DDR3 1333). The memory module pin count is 240, not 204.

You purchased PC3-8500. This could be the problem (incorrect memory specifications on the new modules) if I am following you correctly.

Remove the factory modules and try the new RAM in the memory slots where the factory RAM was installed.

Regards

HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply.

A couple of things: this is my 3rd attempt to get the right memory for this pc.

The help guide says either:

• Supports the following:
    • PC3-8500 (DDR3-1066)
    • PC3-10600 (DDR3-1333)

I first ordered the 10600, but but got sent the smaller, laptop version, that doesn't fit. So i ordered the 8500, and got sent exactly the same thing again. On my 3rd attempt i managed to specify the right desktop sized option (although it is not as tall as the factory installed modules, it is the right length). But it doesn't work.

re: your suggestion to swap with the factory modules, my worry is I'd be left with no memory at all, and not be able to put it back properly.

Can you (or anyone) offer a link to buy exactly the right memory module? Maybe 4th time lucky would do it...

HP Recommended

Hi,

You're very welcome.

Crucial Memory (Link) is guaranteed to work on HP PCs. I have used Crucial memory on HP PCs with great results.

You can drill down to the correct memory modules using your HP PC's product number or let Crucial detect your PC.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.