Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP All in One 32
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My flight controls for Microsoft Flight Simulator work great on my slightly older HP All in One 23 but on this new one, using any function on the controls causes the mouse to fly off to the right side of the screen and becomes uncontrollable.  The only way to recover the mouse is to unplug the control USB cable.  Can I uninstall the  factory mouse and try an after market one?

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

@Mig17 , welcome to the forum.

I am not aware of any reason why you can't use any brand of mouse that you want to try.  The main thing is to remove the USB dongle for the HP mouse.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

I greatly appreciate the Old_geekster's response.  I agree that any mouse should work.  The problem with this new HP All in One 32 is that there is no dongle for the wireless mouse/keyboard - it is internal in the computer and I can't get any help from HP support because they have no phone or chat option in support.  The issue seems to be a conflict between the drivers for the mouse and the flight controls.  Since the controls work fine on my earlier HP All in One it has to be the HP mouse driver and I can't find a way to disable it.

HP Recommended

You are welcome, @Mig17!

What is the Product Number of the computer? I need this information to review the specifications of it. Please don't furnish the Serial # or other personal information. You can find the Product Number at the bottom of the page when you open HP Support Assistant.  Once I have this information, I will try to help you remove the dongle.

HP Recommended

Requested info as follows:

HP Envy All-in-One 32-a10xxx

Product ID:  00325-81139-35193-AAOEM

Thanks for sticking with me!

HP Recommended

You are welcome, @Mig17!

I believe the Product ID that you provided is for the operating system.  The Product Number is only seven digits and letters.

HP Recommended

Roger that.  Product Number as follows:  3UR17AA

That number was followed by #ABA    I don't know if that is significant.  Working my way through it.

HP Recommended

You did great!  The #ABA is not significant for our purpose.

Here is a video that says it is for your model:  

Please let me know if this helps.  It is for removing the Dongle board, but once you remove the dongle that should be all that you need to do.

HP Recommended

I did replace the internal dongle with a different one but that didn't help.  FYI to access the dongle you also need the video for removing the back of the computer.  The display stand has a very strong decal covering the bottom that the video didn't show.  It has to be removed to access the screws.  The back removal is difficult and the process has to be followed exactly but once the sticky strips are removed from the right side and right top and bottom you can raise that side far enough to reach the dongle.  My next step is to try a different set of controls.  Unfortunately right now they are all sold out.  I will let you know when I get this figured out.  Thanks so much for your assistance.

HP Recommended

@Mig17,

The Saitek's X52 is not compliant with MSFS 2020, only FSX - Flight Simulator X (PC only)

I have FSX, so I could use it, right?

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.