Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
800 g1 sff
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey i have hp 800 g1 sff with 16 gb ram gtx 1050 ti (msi) and i5-4430s cpu i want to upgrade my cpu but i am affriad becous of the power suply i dont know what cpu i can put insted my curnet cpu us 2.7 ghz and its slow i am looking for something faster but still control the heat and power  consumption 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

It may not work.  It is unfortunate that the PSU can't be upgraded.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

From the Maintenance & Service guide

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04331008

Processors (include replacement thermal material)

Intel Core i7 4770 (3.4-GHz, 8-MB L3 cache)     p/n 727373-001

Intel Core i5 4670 (3.4-GHz, 6-MB L3 cache)     p/n 727381-001

Intel Core i5 4570 (3.2-GHz, 6-MB L3 cache)     p/n 727380-001

Any of those three will be a definite boost in performance.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Thank you for answering but its okay with my psu is only 240W and i have grhapic card that take 75W 

My cpu take now 65W if i change the cpu i can damge my pc ? 

HP Recommended

As long as you use one with the HP part number there won't be any issues at all.

HP didn't ship the PSUs with different PCs just because the owner, when configuring the PC, selected one of the higher powered processors.

If you look at chapter 22 page 3 you will see that the three possible PSUs were all 240 Watt units, although two were more efficient.

HP Recommended

I understand that there is efficienency psu but my question is in the current sitaution if the psu that come with system 800 g1 sff will be okay with gtx 1050 ti i5 4570 16gb ram 1tb hdd 240 ssd 

Now i am using 4430s with 65 W and the 4570 is 84W its big difrante 

HP Recommended

You have definitely changed the initial question in the thread.

The  subject of this thread was about the CPU upgrades and that has been answered with references.

Your PC was delivered with Intel HD graphics provided by the Intel processor.

Now you have thrown in a GPU upgrade. You have stated that it is a GTX 1050, but you have not provided any specifics on the GPU as in Brand, model how much memory it has, is there a PCIe six or 8 pin connector requirement for power.

Those are critical bits of information that you have not provided and without them I can't give you an answer on that additional request.

HP Recommended

I have one question only If THE PSU OF SYSTEM 800 G1 SFF (that is 240W) will survive cpu change from 4430s to 4570 (65W to 84W) that what i ask no gpu nothing only cpu .

My syestm:

Hp 800 g1 sff mother board and Psu

16 gb ram 

Msi gtx 1050 ti lp 

240 ssd

1T hdd

Dvd raw 

I only want to know if the psu can take it 

HP Recommended

The system specs you put in the body of your post still show a Msi gtx 1050 ti  without  some the important details I asked for.

How much memory does the card have and is there a six/eight pin PCIe power connector present?

Without the Msi gtx 1050 ti GPU installed, there should be no issue upgrading to any of the processors in the list

HP Recommended

https://www.msi.com/Graphics-Card/GeForce-GTX-1050-Ti-4GT-LP/Specification

Its 4 gb ram 

75W 

No pin concetor it draw the power form the pcie slot 

HP Recommended

It may not work.  It is unfortunate that the PSU can't be upgraded.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.