Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Yes, but you will be much happier with the 925.  :generic:

You will spend 10 Euros on an 820, then you will say: "I want even a better processor," and then spend 20 Euros on the 925 and waste 10 Euros.

That is why I'm saying if you can get a 945, then you are at the max and you can't go any higher in a dc7600.

HP Recommended

I found this one for price about 23 euros...it would be best buy?

HP Recommended

Absolutely!

You will be very happy you got that one.

HP Recommended

Hello

I installed the D945 cpu and everything is OK.

What is the normal temperature of this cpu?

HP Recommended

Hi:

I don't know, but it runs hotter than the celerons and pentium 650's.

I found on mine the fan spins up occasionally under graphics loads or other processor loads.

HP Recommended

Hello,

I am new to this CPU upgrading, but I would like to also upgrade my cpu.

I have a DC7600 SFF, with a P4 3.00 ghz, processor in it at the moment.

I see people have said that atleast a bios version of 1.56 is required, but I only have version 1.03, I am able to download version 1.61, which is the latest, but my problem is that I am currently running windows 7 on it at the moment, is there a solution to this?

Furthermore, If this works out what I may be going for the 945 as paul said, but will i require a new heatsink, or will I be able to use the heatsink from the P4. I have heard P4's run quite hot, but PD's are even more hotter.

So, my question here is will I require a new heatsink?

And finally, what else would you I need to do before I change the cpu?, and what would be a reasonable price for one of these 945 PD processors?

Sorry for bombarding you guys with questions, any help is appreciated 🙂

HP Recommended

Hi:

There aren't different heatsinks for different processors on the dc7600 as far as I know. So, you will have to use the one it came with, and just put a good thin coat of thermal paste on the heat spreader of the processor.

You cannot use the windows based flash to update the BIOS because you are running W7, but you can use the 2 DOS based methods.

If you attempt to use the windows based flash (HPQFlash) in windows 7, you will no longer have a need to upgrade the processor. But you will need a new PC.  :Crying:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=12...

- Use the DOS utility with a preboot execution environment (PXE) management
application or to locally update or restore the system BIOS.

- Create a CD image to upgrade/restore system BIOS.

These methods will have instructions when you run the BIOS download file.

You want the 945 processor with the sSpec SL9QQ

I can only provide pricing for the USA. Used but tested and working processors.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sop=15&_sacat=0&_nkw=SL9QQ&rt=nc&LH_BIN=1

If you have any other questions, I will be happy to try and answer them for you.

Paul

HP Recommended

Thank you very much for your reply, I guess I will have to be really careful when updating my bios.

By the way, will the heatsink I buy have to be a genuine one or could it be a replica, because heatsink's in the UK seem to be quite expensive, about 25 pounds, which is 38 dollars.

Thanks

HP Recommended

Woops, I am really sorry, I failed to read the part about the heatsinks on your previous message properly. So my DC7600 sff, came with (foxconn 381866-001), heatsink and fan, so will this be fine for the Pentium D then?

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

I don't know what options you have regarding aftermarket heat sinks.

I don't even think you can get an after market or different heat sink than the one you already have.

I re-used my original one.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.