Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

You're very welcome, and thanks for the compliment.

I did test an AMD Radeon HD 6570 in mine, and I was surprised to see that it worked on such an old machine.

That card does not need any special connections, and the wattage won't exceed that of the PCI slot specs.

You may also want to consider the nVidia 430 GT if you prefer nVidia cards.

HP Recommended

Hi everybody,

Finally i had the chance to try  before buy the a Nvidia 9600GT in a DC7600CMT. I amb writting to show you the experience.

As we said this card needs a 6pin PCIe adapter, i solved it with a molex->PCIe 6pin adapter (costs 2 euro). The next problem would be the PSU power.  Ok, when i powered on the computer Win7 installed the driver an it worked fine. Very surprising for me.

The performace of this card is awesome compared to the stock integrated (and have a DVI port). I dont pretend to use this computer for gaming, but The HD video is played smoothly and discharging the CPU a lot, and now i can play Mass Effect 1/2/3 at a decent frame rate.

The videocard is exactly this model but with 1GB.

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=2785#ov

Please excuse my limited English

HP Recommended

It gives me great pleasure to read stories, like from you! Norimaki!  You worked through your problems resulting in a very

pleasurable reward!  and, you were willing to share your experience with others who might be struggling with a similar

problem, encouraging them with your success!  Thank You for sharing your experience!   Jeff  p.s.- I like Gigabyte's Video

Cards, too!

HP Recommended

Tahnk you wfejnieh2.

Yes! Gigabyte cards rock!. This one is speciall cause it has no fan, then, no noise!. I was worried about temps inside the case, so, in order to refresh it i removed the metal pieces at the back of the case that cover the PCI slots. Now at 100% demanding the CPU is 48c and the case 45c. 

Regards

HP Recommended

I run a FREE Program from Piriform  http://www.piriform.com/speccy/       called "Speccy".  It doesn't take up much disk

space or use much memory and it will tell you the specifications of the hardware you are running and what version of

software, etc.  Aparently you are already running it (or close to it!) since you know the temperatures of your critical

components - very useful information when it comes to adjusting your Fan Arrangement!  Nice Job! and Happy Weekend!

-Jeff

HP Recommended

oh really paul ? so does that means i have to convert back to xp and update the bios? then after update the bios can i install back the win 7 os ?

HP Recommended

If you want to use the Windows based flash, you will have to either install XP or Vista, as many folks have reported running the Windows based flash in W7 renders the PC useless.

You can keep Windows 7 installed and you can flash the BIOS in DOS, by reading the instructions that will appear after you download and run the file.

"This package contains utilities that can be used to restore or update the
system BIOS on the supported desktop models with a 786D1 BIOS.

Several methods for changing the BIOS version may be chosen. Included in this
package are the following methods:

- Use the DOS utility with a preboot execution environment (PXE) management
application or to locally update or restore the system BIOS.

- Create a CD image to upgrade/restore system BIOS."

HP Recommended

Does the advice regarding bios version 1.61 vs 2.04 still apply regarding Windows 8?  An earlier post suggested the diference between the two versions is Bitlocker support. I'm running Windows 8 Pro which does have Bitlocker.

HP Recommended

Hi:

That is correct as does my previous guidance to only flash the BIOS by using one of the DOS based flash methods on Windows 7 or Windows 8.

I've never run W8 on a dc7600, so I can't be of much help to you in that regard.

HP Recommended
Hi! Paul - I would only add (if it hasn't been mentioned) ; Before attempting any BIOS Update; ENTER BIOS and be Sure the "PXE" option is 'enabled' FIRST. THEN, I try to remove any added peripherals (trying to recover the hardware attached to as close to 'factory original) as I can. THEN, make sure you follow the instructions CLOSELY! - on a personal note; I'd rather swap out a processor than upgrade the BIOS! I 'sweat' through Both Procedures! (smile) - Jeff
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.