Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Envy all-in-one-32-a0055
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I purchased an Envy all-in-one on Feb 15, 2020 after 20 years as a Dell customer.  I was satisfied with the performance of my HP product until May 23 this year when I found the PC had powered itself off while I was in another room.  I attempted to power back on but it would only stay connected for about 40 seconds before disconnecting.  The windows boot up process never began.  After several more failed attempts to start up I contacted hardware support on May 25.  The technician talked me through a number of work-arounds to power up but all failed.  At that time he told me I would need to return the product to HP for repair.  I was sent the necessary packaging and returned my PC as instructed.  HP acknowledged receipt on June 1.

At this point I am trying to determine the status of the repair.  However, the only tool I have is an HP Customer Service link online.  This tool gives you limited, perfunctory information: "Current Status" (under repair) & "Estimated Delivery Date to You".  Currently my PC  is "in the process of being repaired" and will be returned to me on 6/12/2020 (3 days ago).  In small print at the lower right of the screen is a notice that circumstances beyond HP's control may delay repair times but that you will be notified of such by HP.  I contacted HP hardware support on June 11 to get more information on my unit's repair.  The technician could only tell me that a part was on back order.  He could tell me nothing more and, when I asked, told me there was no telephone number for HP repair he could give me.  Today, as I stated, my unit is scheduled to be returned to me 3 days ago, yet I have heard nothing from HP.  There is no recourse I can find to ask anyone why my brand new computer stopped functioning nor a timeline on when I can expect it back.  I find this unacceptable and hope that someone can give me some direction on getting actual "support."  Needless to say, at this point I regret purchasing an HP computer.  Btw, I have a 3 year extended warranty and hope  this is not the length of time I have to wait for a resolution. Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@cmldad I understand your concern and I will bring your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

Although, I'll need some private information from you in order to create a case for you.

Please look for a private message requesting additional information. 

Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers, case details, etc...).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for the response and offer to help.  By coincidence this morning I finally received an update on my PC.  The status is no longer "on hold," but has been changed back to "in process."  The "estimated delivery date" to me has been changed from 6/12/2020 to 6/22/2020.  So, although I still have no information as to the "why" (what caused my new PC to fail) I, at least, have some updated information.  My assumption is that the part on order was received and the repair is now able to proceed.  It remains to be seen if June 22 is the actual date I'll have my PC returned, however, but I can wait and see.

For now, I'd like to see how this plays out before I complete the personal info request you sent me.  I still have gripes about how repair statuses are communicated to the customer.  I realize these are not normal times, but not to forward important info about this process is harmful to your customers.  For now, let's see how this plays out and I'll update this post when I have more info to share.  Thanks and have a great day!

HP Recommended

@cmldad Alright, keep us posted with the updates,
Good luck!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.