Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
TG01-0000NO
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My desktop has an onboard Radeon Graphics and a discrete Nvida Grapics card. the onboard grapics has been disabled, but I can only use 6 out of 8 GB memory for the OS, as 2 GB has been allocated (i think) to the shared video memory (Not used). the Nvida adapter has 4 GB dedicated memory.

How do I reclaim the 2 GB?

Lars

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

The amount of reserved graphic memory may be selected in the system BIOS. Depending upon discrete graphics type and CPU brand there are default minimum values allowed within the drop down table menu. I have mine set to 32Mb. 

HP Recommended

Unfortunately I only have the option of enabling/Disabling the on-board Grapichs. Funny thing is that the unit was originally equipped by HP with the NVIDA card. Thus all 8 GB sould be available.

I will call support.

Lars

HP Recommended

Connected to HP Support, and after a some discussion on how this could be an expected situation that 2 GB was used for hardware. I found a tread on this forum, that outlines an issue with AMD CPUs having onboard GPU will claim memory even though disabled.

So this is a product problem, that needs HP to solve most likely by a BIOS update

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.