Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
310 w PCG007 power supply
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an HP pavillion computer from 2018 and is trying to upgrade the case of the computer. And I wonder if my power supply would work in a ATX case? 310 w 80 plus gold PCG007

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

NO PC told at all,  Pavilion tells zero.

what you meant is will the ATX PSU work with any HP PC and 99% is NO. show me your mobo and I tell you that

and show me your OLD PSU>?

or tell you product Id on your PC first do that first.

now my lil'report on this topic , ALIEN PSU;s

As you may learn about HP  , here are some facts I know. (best I can tell, in a HP vacuum of simple specs.)

1. no spec. on any PSU made, by them not even pin names told (the almighty Proprietary bla bla) 👹
  2. The manuals on most PCs do not even show or cover PSU removal , replacements or upgrades as a topic
  3. HP parts surfer does list most PSU but most PCs in the same list of exact PC shows  but 1 PSU sold. mostly
  4. this forum has a  running short list of what PSU fit what. Some PC.'s
  5. this forum has endless questions same but for vast models of PC and most are not known. (for reasons above)
  6. most PSU by HP are not ATX spec.  not even right sized nor even 24pin cables sets at all there.
  7. Most HP PSU have this odd duck non ATX 7pin power cable,  ,3,5 6,7 pins populated.  and big dark secret there.
  8. and more I'm sure,  like PSU fan controls or PSU thermal sensors, I speculate .  (no blame just a vacuum)
NO warranty answers by me.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

NO PC told at all,  Pavilion tells zero.

what you meant is will the ATX PSU work with any HP PC and 99% is NO. show me your mobo and I tell you that

and show me your OLD PSU>?

or tell you product Id on your PC first do that first.

now my lil'report on this topic , ALIEN PSU;s

As you may learn about HP  , here are some facts I know. (best I can tell, in a HP vacuum of simple specs.)

1. no spec. on any PSU made, by them not even pin names told (the almighty Proprietary bla bla) 👹
  2. The manuals on most PCs do not even show or cover PSU removal , replacements or upgrades as a topic
  3. HP parts surfer does list most PSU but most PCs in the same list of exact PC shows  but 1 PSU sold. mostly
  4. this forum has a  running short list of what PSU fit what. Some PC.'s
  5. this forum has endless questions same but for vast models of PC and most are not known. (for reasons above)
  6. most PSU by HP are not ATX spec.  not even right sized nor even 24pin cables sets at all there.
  7. Most HP PSU have this odd duck non ATX 7pin power cable,  ,3,5 6,7 pins populated.  and big dark secret there.
  8. and more I'm sure,  like PSU fan controls or PSU thermal sensors, I speculate .  (no blame just a vacuum)
NO warranty answers by me.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.