Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

A message keeps popping up that there are 11 driver updates available.  I didn't write down all 11 but here are three of them : AMD PSP 10.0 device; AMD SMBUS; Realtek Audio Effect Component and 8 others.  I have checked my HP system and all is updated.   These driver updates are from Slimware, Inc.  Does anyone know what this is?  How can I stop getting this message if it doesn't involve my computer?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@JoanP2 , welcome to the Community.

First, you should run Windows Update and HP Update using HP Support Assistant to see if it lists any of the drivers.  If not, you should check to see if you have a FREE version of Slimware Utilities installed on your computer.  You may not have installed it yourself, but when you installed another app it was hidden in the install.  This happens all of the time.  It will most likely ask you to buy the commercial version at some point.  I suggest that you use Revo Uninstaller to locate it: https://download.cnet.com/Revo-Uninstaller/3000-2096_4-10687648.html

I have used it for years to remove this type of Malware.  The Advanced option will remove the app from your hard drive and any remnants from the BIOS/UEFI.

Please let me know if you find this program.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@JoanP2 , welcome to the Community.

First, you should run Windows Update and HP Update using HP Support Assistant to see if it lists any of the drivers.  If not, you should check to see if you have a FREE version of Slimware Utilities installed on your computer.  You may not have installed it yourself, but when you installed another app it was hidden in the install.  This happens all of the time.  It will most likely ask you to buy the commercial version at some point.  I suggest that you use Revo Uninstaller to locate it: https://download.cnet.com/Revo-Uninstaller/3000-2096_4-10687648.html

I have used it for years to remove this type of Malware.  The Advanced option will remove the app from your hard drive and any remnants from the BIOS/UEFI.

Please let me know if you find this program.

HP Recommended

Thank you for the information.  I did check  Windows and HP updated and it did not list any of the drivers.  I have downloaded Revo Uninstaller and deleted the Slimware information.

Thanks for your help.

HP Recommended

@JoanP2, you are very welcome!  Glad to help.

Thank you for the update.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.