Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Envy Desktop TE01-0077c
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My desktop has the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Graphics card and it's working well for Flight Simulator 2020.  The motherboard also has a HDMI port and RGB port that are covered with "caps" that are removable.  Can I remove the caps and configure the system to use one of the ports for a 2nd monitor for FS 2020?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@PGG9967 wrote:

...  The motherboard also has a HDMI port and RGB port that are covered with "caps" that are removable.  Can I remove the caps and configure the system to use one of the ports for a 2nd monitor for FS 2020?

@PGG9967 

No, they are disabled, they won't work that why they are covered.  The NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 supports multi monitors:

https://www.nvidia.com/en-au/geforce/graphics-cards/gtx-1660-super/

which shows it has DP 1.4a, HDMI 2.0b, DL-DVI-D. You can use 2 of them.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@PGG9967 wrote:

...  The motherboard also has a HDMI port and RGB port that are covered with "caps" that are removable.  Can I remove the caps and configure the system to use one of the ports for a 2nd monitor for FS 2020?

@PGG9967 

No, they are disabled, they won't work that why they are covered.  The NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 supports multi monitors:

https://www.nvidia.com/en-au/geforce/graphics-cards/gtx-1660-super/

which shows it has DP 1.4a, HDMI 2.0b, DL-DVI-D. You can use 2 of them.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Banheim,

Thank you for the quick reply and information.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.