Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Desktop PC TE01-1000i (1K4E8AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

Hi,

My ENVY TE01-1254 desktop comes with a 180w power supply. Now I'd like to upgrade the graphic card but it will need more power.

What options do I have in terms of upgrading the power supply? I saw this PSU 400w L04618-800. Does anyone know if it is compatible with my desktop?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

hi

if this one

https://support.hp.com/id-en/document/c07868198

Power Supply Cross Reference for specific models

Product Name
HP ENVY Desktop TE01-1254 PC
Motherboard
Baker

i see here

400w  L69242-800

no ?

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

hi

if this one

https://support.hp.com/id-en/document/c07868198

Power Supply Cross Reference for specific models

Product Name
HP ENVY Desktop TE01-1254 PC
Motherboard
Baker

i see here

400w  L69242-800

no ?

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Thank you! I will try this one and see if it works.

HP Recommended

Got the new PSU and it works!

HP Recommended

Great @Kevin_43 
thank you for the return, it is a rare thing!

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

So which PSU did you install and say works? L69242-800 or a different model? The L69242-800 is over $150 with shipping from HP and I've been hoping to find an alternative, but no success so far.

HP Recommended

400w  L69242-800

HP Recommended

Thanks. Did you just buy from HP Parts and shell out the fill $150? Please share if you found a different source.

HP Recommended

I didn't find any other source. I just bought it from HP parts store.

HP Recommended

Ah yes I figured. I finally caved and did the same. Crazy how expensive it was... but now I see why HP ever so slightly changes the connection points for each board and power supply so you're forced to order the expensive one. Definitely my last time ever buying a prebuilt pc like this. Thanks for your responses!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.