Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP EX900 M.2 500GB PCIe 3.0 x4 NVMe
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Dear all

I have bought HP EX900 M.2 500GB PCIe 3.0 x4 NVMe from newegg

within a mounth the SSD stop many times but back running withing seconds

day by day it became worse until completly crash and currupting data during use

I format the SSD many times and tryed NTFS and exFat file system, but in both cases the crashes keep happing and this SSD no longer can be used.

dear HP I need your support for replace/return this item

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Yazeed_ I'm glad the new heatsink resolved the heat issue, that said, since this has been determined as a hardware malfunction, if the SSD issues aren't sorted, I suggest you talk to HP support and discuss your options, follow the below steps to get started:

1) Click on this link - http://www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Click on Sign-in or select the product using the below step:

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Click on "Show Options".

Fill the web-form, to populate a case number and phone number for yourself!

Also, if you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty, if yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from, 

here's how private messages work: Click here for details.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Yazeed_ Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that the SSD is not working.

Have you performed the component test and checked?

Please perform the below steps and let us know the result.

1) Shutdown the computer.  

2) Turn the computer back on again and repeatedly tap on the ESC until a Startup menu appears.  

3) Press F2 once.  

4) Go to the Component test.  

5) From the list, run the Hard Drive (extensive) test.  

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Hello Praveen

thanks for your support

I think the problem was overheating, I bought this heatsink

https://www.amazon.com/Sabrent-2280-Rocket-Heatsink-SB-HTSK/dp/B07TN2RX2K

and now it became more stable, still data trasfer speed changing many time between 264 - 50 MB/s as showen

HP_.PNGHP_3.PNG

HP_2.PNG

I still disappointed but to be honest I have no time to send it back and wait a new one and follow up with any procedure regard that. So if this SSD back crashing my system, I will reply back to see what the next step.

thanks again and best regards

HP Recommended

@Yazeed_ I'm glad the new heatsink resolved the heat issue, that said, since this has been determined as a hardware malfunction, if the SSD issues aren't sorted, I suggest you talk to HP support and discuss your options, follow the below steps to get started:

1) Click on this link - http://www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Click on Sign-in or select the product using the below step:

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Click on "Show Options".

Fill the web-form, to populate a case number and phone number for yourself!

Also, if you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty, if yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from, 

here's how private messages work: Click here for details.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.