Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Elitedesk 705 G4 Small Form Factor
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I installed an NVIDIA QUADPRO P620 card in the PCI slot and Device manager doesn't recognize the card  I downloaded the NVIDIA driver from the HP suport site and get an error message stating the driver couln't find compatible graphis hardware.  Device manager only shows the AMD Radeon(TM) RX Vega 11 Processor Graphics adapter.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Jhile1956 wrote:

....  I downloaded the NVIDIA driver from the HP suport site and get an error message stating the driver couln't find compatible graphis hardware. 

@Jhile1956

HP gives the following list

GRAPHICS
Optional Discrete Graphics Solutions
AMD® Radeon™ RX550 4GB Graphics Card
AMD® Radeon™ RX580 4GB Graphics Card
AMD® Radeon™ RX460 2GB Graphics Card
AMD® Radeon™ R7 430
2GB VGA+DP Graphics Card
AMD® Radeon™ R7 430 2GB 2DP Graphics Card
AMD® Radeon™ Pro WX 3100 4GB Graphics Card*
NVIDIA® Quadro® P1000 4GB Graphics Card
NVIDIA® GTX1060 3GB Graphics Card
*planned to be available December 2018

That may explain why the card is not compatible. Please try one of the above list.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

We purchased the NVIDIA® Quadro® P1000 4GB Graphics Card and are getting the same results.  The card isn't showing up in Device Manager.  When we boot to the BIOS the card is selectable for VGA output.

HP Recommended

I know it is an old post but we were able to resolve this issue by flashing the latest BIOS on the PC.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.