Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP EliteDesk 800 35W G3 Desktop Mini PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi everyone,

since i updated the bios, i have a problem with USB sockets, mouse and keyboard work in uefi bios when starting windows they don't work. 

I tried reinstalling windows i get stuck because the peripherals doesn't work.

I also tried downgrading the BIOS but nothing.

does anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Power on the laptop and immediately tap the F2 key to invoke the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI utility.

Choose Component tests and at the next window, choose USB port and click on the test.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Did you invoke the Device Manager to see which devices and drivers were missing?

I suggest  installing the Manageability-driver pack.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-elitedesk-800-35w-g3-desktop-mini-pc/1...

Here is a hyperlink to the driver and software portal for your PC

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-elitedesk-800-35w-g3-desktop-mini-pc/15234602

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Thank you for your support.

Unfortunately the mouse and keyboard don't work I can't access windows, it seems that when windows starts it turns off the usb sockets.

HP Recommended

Power on the laptop and immediately tap the F2 key to invoke the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI utility.

Choose Component tests and at the next window, choose USB port and click on the test.

HP Recommended

Hardware Diagnostics UEFI utility it doesn't have control over the usb sockets, but I searched in the link pointing to the page www.hp.com/go/techcenter/PCDiags

Screenshot 2023-05-25 105741.png

I downloaded HP PC Hardware Diagnostics 4-IN-1 USB KEY

I did component test - USB port and it gave me this error UCXNXT-972BLH-GXGJ3G-8D2C03:

PXL_20230525_084435618.jpg

HP Recommended

Unfortunately, HP's error coded decoder gives a vague description of a failure. I see that your PC is out of warranty. Bummer that, as the issue is likely to be on the system board. That is the only thing I can gain from the error message and everything else we have tried to resolve the issue.

error decoded.png

HP Recommended

I guess it's time to change it 🙂

Thank you for your support, you were very kind. 

Bye

HP Recommended

You're welcome.

It would have been kind of you to have not marked one of your replies as the accepted solution since my replies drew you to that conclusion.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.