Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Envy Recline 27
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I like the keyboard that came with this, but the mouse is lacking. 

1. My keyboard and mouse are connected via bluetooth instead of a dongle, right?

2. If so, and i want to keep the keyboard but add a new mouse - can i just buy any mouse that has bluetooth connectivity and it should pair with my stock HP keyboard (or the All in One if that's how the mouse is connecting)?

thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@tylerdurden8us

You are most welcome. 🙂

There are a couple of HP mouse available. However, each mouse has its own USB receiver. Because if you just try to use a mouse then it may or may not work with the receiver you already have.

You may view the range of mouse available from this link: http://hp.care/2krVb4H

Feel free to keep us posted for any further questions. Cheers! 🙂

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @tylerdurden8us

Welcome to the HP Forums!

This is a wonderful place to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips.

I reviewed you post and understand that you want to know whether you can purchase a new mouse and use it with the existing keyboard.

I’d love to help!

I checked the specification of your computer and noticed that the keyboard and mouse you received with the computer are wireless and not Bluetooth.

You can purchase a new wireless mouse and install it on the computer. You will receive a new receiver with the wireless mouse that you need to connect to the computer to make the mouse work.

You cannot pair the new mouse with the existing keyboard and mouse receiver.

Hope that answers your question.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

Good day! Take care 🙂

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for your response! I don't see any usb 'dongle' on my All in One currently. Are the 'stock' keyboard and mouse able to connect without a separate dongle? I don't like the idea of having to use a usb 'splitter' taking up needed usb input space.

UPDATE - I do not see a USB wireless receiver in a port, so it must be already installed inside? If so, then my question is - will an after market or other branded mouse connect with the 'pre-installed' HP wireless receiver that is assumedly inside the All in One already? Thanks!!

HP Recommended

@tylerdurden8us

You've done a remarkable job performing the steps suggested earlier, great work 🙂 

And don't worry, as we should be able to fix this up with a few more steps and I'll be with you until we ensure this issue is fixed.

You're right the dongle is inbuilt on this particular model,

hence, I recommend you attempt reseating the inbuilt receiver to resolve the issue, simply remove and reconnect to refresh the connection: Click here for steps.

Once you reconnect the receiver and turn on both keyboard and mouse, everything should work just fine,

If they don't I would recommend you check with an alternate keyboard and mouse, however, the same receiver will not work for the alternate devices.

For further troubleshooting of wireless keyboard and mouse: Click here

Let me know how that pans out, 

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you Riddle! I understand that the dongle is built into this model, and that if i replace the mouse with another wireless model, I will have to use a separate dongle and buy another USB 'splitter' because of my limited ports. 

My existing mouse actually works fine - but I have grown accustomed to using a mouse with additional "webpage back" and "webpage forward" on the right and left sides of the mouse... so I am looking for that enhanced functionality in a mouse. 

Does HP make a mouse with these additional buttons (like the "MS Wireless Mouse 5000") that would still work with my existing, internal dongle? 

Thanks for the further assistance - i'm almost finished with questions lol!!

HP Recommended

@tylerdurden8us

You are most welcome. 🙂

There are a couple of HP mouse available. However, each mouse has its own USB receiver. Because if you just try to use a mouse then it may or may not work with the receiver you already have.

You may view the range of mouse available from this link: http://hp.care/2krVb4H

Feel free to keep us posted for any further questions. Cheers! 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.