Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Hi all,

Over a year ago I bought HP Pavilion Gaming desktop with the Berks motherboard. It has two HDDs - one is small M2 for the system and the second is some bigger - 1TB for data. But I wish to add next HDDs. Unfortunately their possible power source is via motherboard and via strange mini 6-pin power cable. I am from Poland, I contacted local HP support and there I got a message that such cable is absolutely unavailable. From technical point of view such solution seems to be strange but maybe someone can indicate me where such cable can be bought. This strange MB is here: https://support.hp.com/pl-pl/document/c06119035. TIA.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Upgrade to a bigger hardrive and use your old 1TB with a usb harddrive adapter as external file backup.

Or upgrade your M.2 to a 1TB NVMe or over capacity hard drive. Or get a external USB hard drive with 4TB or over.

any hard drive over 2TB will need a partition software to convert it to GPT format. Or else you will be stuck with 2TB partition. Macroit Partition Expert(Free version) can convert to GPT format to accept hardrive

over 2TB in one single partition in windows.

HP Recommended

Thank you for the advice but that's not the solution. I have several external HDs, I can easily replace any of my present internal HDs with some bigger - but I want to ADD the NEXT HD to this PC with special cable devoted to Bark Motherboard. So I am asking the general support of HP and fellow community: WHERE TO GET SUCH UNIQUE POWER CABLE WITH 6 MINI PIN?  I simply want to know the source of such cable cause other solutions of this problem are very well known to me and all of them are not suitable. Please let me know if anyone can help.

HP Recommended

@piokas 

The Berks motherboard was only used with the HP 790 and 795 series computers.

Here is a discussion and the actual part number L22273-001 this item

If you look at the existing HD, you will notice the mounting screws are attached to the HD.  These are "fillister head screws". These allow the HD to slide along the track until it latches.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.