Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
EHP Envy TEO01
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP ENVY TEO)! get error messgae fan is not working on start up .

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@portnoy , welcome to the Community.

What is the Product Number of the computer? I need this information to review the specifications of it. Please don't furnish the Serial # or other personal information. You can find the Product Number at the bottom of the page when you open HP Support Assistant.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

6YR00AA#ABL the product number for my PC. Thanks.

HP Recommended

You are welcome, @portnoy!  Thank you for the additional information.

This can be caused by several things.  First, check the fan to see if it is turning when the computer boots.   The second thing that I would try is cleaning the fan thoroughly if it is turning.  If a lot of dust has collected on it this will slow it down and cause an error message.  Last, check the fan connector to assure that it is tight.  This can cause the error, also.  If all else fails, you may have to replace the fan.

HP Recommended

Here's the thing, my PC is still under warranty if I go "rooting" around in its insides will that not cancel my warranty?. I've only had the PC for seven months , seem strange to be getting error messages this early .... I'm in my seventies so please excuse my typing...But I will try your suggestions all the same, thanks for your time.

HP Recommended

You are welcome, @portnoy!

Since your computer is still under warranty, you should contact the seller for help.  If you bought it directly from HP, you should contact HP Customer Support for help.  You should not have to work on the computer yourself.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.