Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Desktop 550-003np
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a problem with my windows Documents/Images/Musics/Videos folders, yesterday i did an update that windows warned me to do which name was something like "Atualization of Windows 10, version 1709", andi turned off the pc, today i just turned it on and i checked if everything was alright, and i saw that my Documents/Images/Musics/Videos folders were missing ALL OF THEM, and in the Documents folder it has 2 folders named as "hp.applications.package.appdata" and "hp.system.package.metadata", it has nothing inside them but also in my Hard Drive it shows the amount that I have free as i had before the update.

I really don't know what to do...

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@GBB2000 

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips, 

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂 

As I understand that the files that were supposed to be saved in the Documents folder have now moved to another folder which is hp.system.package.metadata.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help.

To avoid this issue, you can change the settings in Storage, but you also want to change the location of your account folders to the new destination.

• Go to File Explorer and navigate to This PC, in "Folders", right-click the "Documents" folder and click Properties.
  • Navigate to the Location tab, click the Find Target button and browse to the new location for the document's folder.
  • Copy the path from the address bar, go back to the Location tab, and paste the path in the field, and click Apply.
  • In the "Move Folder" dialog box, click Yes to allow to move the content from the old location to the new one. (Repeat the same process for each folder you change settings in Storage.)

Let me know how that pans out

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask any other queries as  well,

Considering, this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help. 🙂

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
All the files from my desktop have got deleted and also facing a problem with documents photos music pictures , actually i did an update couple of days probably that could be the reason . Also i am not able to print , my printer is also hp and the printer name is also appearing on the laptop but it keeps showing please wait and in the end failed .
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.