Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 590 p0024
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP support page does not HAVE a search field where one could enter the search term    590 P0024 specifications 

HP Support Assistant page does not HAVE an item called  "Product Information page" 

The page re upgrading RAM  https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/bph03886  does not load completely, as the search or load indicator ( 4 grey boxes with a blue square circling clockwise) goes on without finding or doing any thing.    It says "browse to Product Information", but does not provide info on where that "product information page" is, and what the name or URL of that page might be. 

HP online search page, while I am signed in, does not recognize any or all the variations of the product name it uses for my computer   - such as 590 p0024   or   590 p0xxx  

(The automated chat bot does not recognize any serial number  eg [personal info rmeoved], product number 3LA53AA#ABA, or model number such as 590 p0024.  Whoever programmed the chatbot seemingly made sure that it could never learn anything. Complete waste of time!) .  

In other words, the question "Can I add memory to this computer" is a major problem for the whole HP Support system & software mish-mash".   

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Below is the link to the product specs for your PC.

HP Pavilion 590-p0024 Desktop PC Product Specifications | HP® Customer Support

The memory upgrade info can be found on the above link.

Below is the link to the parts list.  You will only find the memory part number used in your PC.

HP PartSurfer

I have zipped up and attached a free utility below that should tell you who manufactured the memory and the actual manufacturer's part number.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

Below is the link to the product specs for your PC.

HP Pavilion 590-p0024 Desktop PC Product Specifications | HP® Customer Support

The memory upgrade info can be found on the above link.

Below is the link to the parts list.  You will only find the memory part number used in your PC.

HP PartSurfer

I have zipped up and attached a free utility below that should tell you who manufactured the memory and the actual manufacturer's part number.

HP Recommended

Thank you,

your information is accurate, and helpful. 

Especially helpful was the inclusion of the free utility to find out what memory, which manufacturer, make, model, specs of UDIMM in use.  

Although not made specifically clear, it looks as though the particular motherboard will support two (2)

8 GB DDR4-2666 / PC4-21300 DDR4 SDRAM UDIMM's.

Thank you for your help.

(To HP management itself, the following possibly unnecessary comment applies:  Why can't the " HP Support Assistant software" provide the actual link to the actual hardware specs? Beats me!  Why can't HP use or provide the software that you, as an unpaid forum person, are able to send?   By mere comparison, any old Car parts store does a better job than HP management, when it comes to finding a part for even a 25 year old car. For HP, apparently anything older than a year is no longer worth supporting and should be thrown out. Unreasonable! HP management simply doesn't get it. ) 

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.