Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP

HP Desktop W2071d WIndows 7.     Logitech Mouse will not work.  Changed batteries and tried 3 different mice.   Did Windows + R, typed command devmgmt.msc and another window came up.     The link for Mice and other pointing devices is not listed.   How else can I update the driver.   I am not tech savvy.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Realtor-Barb

Thank you for your last reply,
I wanted to ensure everything is working fine.

Please get back to me, if you need any further assistance,
Always, eager to help!

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

@Realtor-Barb

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂

I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers. 
For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

As I understand the mouse isn't working anymore, though, you've performed the aforementioned steps,

And I'll need a few details to provide an accurate solution:

What is the product number of your computer? (you've listed the monitor W2071d, I'm afraid that doesn't help and please ensure you do not share any personal info such as serial, phone number, email, etc..).

When was the last time it worked (date) ?

Have you attempted to install the updated drivers for the Logitech mouse from the manufacturer's site?

Does it work on an alternate USB port or an alternate computer?

Please reply for further assistance.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, that’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!
Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

It is a Pavilion Slimline H2M46AA#ABA.    I have tried both ports.    Tried 3 different mice.   I have not tried to download anything from Logitech, just having the arrows is not taking me where I need to go. 

HP Recommended

It was working on Sept. 20, 2016.   The mice do work on different computers.  

HP Recommended

@Realtor-Barb

Thank you for replying with the details,

Here's are a few things you can do:

Attempt a system restore (clink on the link for details, you don't loose any data if used)

If other devices aren't working on any of the ports, reinstall the USB root hubs from device manager,

if the issue persists, please contact hp phone support for a hardware repair service.

HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:

http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/?openCLC=true

(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.

(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.

(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.

(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I am not very good at this.     I cannot click on anything, all I have are the arrows ..... I can try to get to system restore with just the arrows.   I cannot even do a remote access for additional help.   I do appreciate the help.

HP Recommended

Update, I had a wired mouse that I tried, plugged it right into the tower and it is working.   I was able to install the security....now, just have to install the driver for the wireless mouse.     At least I can navigate it now.    I really appreciate your help.  

HP Recommended

@Realtor-Barb

Thank you for your last reply,
I wanted to ensure everything is working fine.

Please get back to me, if you need any further assistance,
Always, eager to help!

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks, I still need to get the driver for the logitech wireless mouse installed.   It is model M310.   I tried to go through the logitech site but Norton kept blocking it.   So I am not sure how else I can do that.    But at least we identified the problem, the Mice and Other Pointers are suddenly missing.    Can you advise how to install that?      This is a fantastic site, learned alot ...... appreciate all of your help !

HP Recommended

@Realtor-Barb

Thank you for the post,

You could use this link to download the drivers for your Logitech mouse: Click here

For more details related to the Logitech mouse, I would recommend you contact their support forum

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, that’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!
Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.