Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Slimline Desktop - 270-p006d
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Dear Ms/ Mr, 

My HP Slimline Desktop - 270-p006d is always Full Disk 100% in Task Manager. After search on the internet, it seems that HDD hard disk has not enough performance to run Windows 10. I do not know that this desktop has any empty slot to set up 1 more SDD hard disk. Someone know this issue, Please help me reply. Thanks

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

windows 10 64bit no 32, so I guess posted wrong, correct? if is  32bit RAM runs low fast!!!

no real model PC told , product ID @ but in USA there is only one called 3JT83AA  !

option 1:  HP partsurfer

Hard Drive - GNRC, 1TB 7200RPM SATA III 3.5  (HDD)

more odd same surfer lists no M.2, as the spec shows wow. HP contradictions?

some have 2 drives + DVD for 3,  and M.2 and 1TB hdd.  if the m.2 is slow or overloaded say that.

I have no idea at all what drives you have, 

task-manager does NOT do as you stated, it shows load to the drive NOT FREE/USED SPACE.

that  overload can be normal  or not. (apps matter) or infected PC.

i HAVE NO IDEA What apps are running on this PC  or the HDD usage of said apps.

but  here goes.

first off no good can come using any old HDD upgrade to SSD.

if drive is full it will be slow

if the drive is bad as most are old,  then it runs real slow,

if the drive fails smart tests, the drive is bad, and for sure slow or soon dead for  100% sure.

if if smart fails the OS corrupts as all do on say 5 year old HDD.

you did not post CPU usage (%)

nor of RAM if fill and now swapping to HDD, and overloads the HDD, as all do like this. earn to check RAM first.

"set up 1 more SDD hard disk"

did you just imply drive 0 boot is  SSD0 now? yes m.2 in spec.  I see it.

ok you boot up to M.2 drive not sata,  ports.  m.2 are fast and

there are 2 real SATA ports on this PC so 3  SSD are possible. (1x  m.2 and 2 real of any kind 2.5" drives.)

here is your Spec page.\\

the spec shows have  HDD1, real 1TB real HDD,  there, as and option,  open the and look,

lets go back to FULL statement that is not true,  the TM shows disks at loads.  shows dynamic disk R/w loading in %

not FULL not size.  use explorer to see size and free space, not TM. but yes I bet yours is overloaded, C:  is it C"?

if is overloaded C:

that means , IT IS, and that is APPS doing that or Virus or even MS W10 update < INSTALLING NOW.

learn to  use the tab in TM called. called processes

mine is 1-8 % now as I type z270 , huge ram. 16BG

see if there are wild or wrong or illegal processes running.  or apps gone wild.  some even are buggy, called memory leakers.

make sure ssd is not full sure. use explorer or disk manager.

make sure memory not full, and for sure not swapping out the HDD, horror that.

make sure no APP is eating up all CPU % time. find it and report  mine is 1 to 8% just  browsing

here is mine now.... loafing , 2 apps open Firefox and thunderbird mail.  and more. "patrol " is malware guard ++++

mine.JPG

NO warranty answers by me.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.