Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP All-in-One 24-f0xx / 5QA82AA#ABA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I would like to receive an answer not only from community members but also to HP support workers.

From the moment of purchase, the function keys have been working incorrectly for me. They are constantly on. The fn key works the other way around.

How can I fix this problem specifically on my device?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@YurMak

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

• Did this happen after a recent window or software update?
  • Did you make any changes in the settings of your PC prior to the issue?

While you respond to that, let's try these steps: 

Firstly, perform Hard Reset: Follow steps from the link: https://hp.care/2GnkMa8.

Next step, BIOS default: 

1. Turn off the computer and wait five seconds.
  2. Press the Power button to start the computer and repeatedly press the F10 key to enter the BIOS setup menu.
  3. On the BIOS Setup screen, press F9 to select and load the BIOS Setup Default settings.
  4. Press F10 to Save and Exit.
  5. Use the arrow keys to select Yes, then press Enter when asked Exit Saving Changes?
  6. Follow the prompts to restart your computer. Once it's done uninstall the Touchpad device,

Next, uninstall Keyboard device from device manager.

1. Press Windows+X to open the menu, and choose Device Manager on it. 
  2. In the device manager, expand the category "Keyboards". 
  3. Under this category, right-click on your HID and other keyboard device and click on Uninstall. 
  4. You may be required to confirm the uninstallation. Check the box next to "Delete the driver software for this device" and click OK button. 
  5. Restart your PC for the change to take effect. After restarting. Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver. 
  6. Do not perform any manual upgrades to the driver until it does automatically 

Click here: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02035108 to know more about How to Lock or Unlock the Fn (Function) Key

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@YurMak

This is a follow-up regarding keyboard

Have you tried the suggested troubleshooting steps?

Is everything working fine, or would you require any further assistance? 

Keep me posted!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

are you really this stupid? HP made vanish the option from BIOS and now everyone is facing troubles and u are asking to reset the bios and re-install the drivers and all. why? who asked HP to force using functions keys to everyone?

till now, keyboard is generally insignificant while considering a new PC purchase. but, now in future, everyone will check that also, and will avoid HP bcoz of this mess.

please check web, u will find ppeople degrading to older version BIOS, and doing whatnot.

i bought 2 all-in-one pcs for office use and facing this issue like hell. there is no option in BIOS. no fn lock on keyboard. no options in windows.

we use Excel, word and Tally. everywhere we us f1, f2, f3 etc. regularly. now facing regular operations issues and it impacted speed of work hugely.

HP Recommended

@shreyansshah I understand your concern and I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number.

Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact.

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.