Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 590-p0066
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I installed a AMD RX550 into my HP590 and it worked for about 6 weeks until there was a Black Screen  on bootup back in June 2020.  I could not find a solution so I removed the card and worked with the integrated gpu. In May 2021 I restalled the RX550 and used Windows update to install the drivers.  It worked for about 2 weeks until another Black screen at boot.  In June 2021 I did a clean install of windows 10 and updated everything.  I reinstalled the RX550 card and nothing.  I looked at the UEFI and where do I switch from integrated to dedicated graphics?

HP sells several PCs using the same AMD RX550.  How do they get theirs' to work?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

According to the Raedeon site the AMD RX550 requires a 400w power supply.  The HP Pavilion 590-p0066 spec sheet says that PC has a 310w power supply.  It might be that the present power supply is on the edge of being able to power the card adequately.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

The GPU card is  Yeston RX 550   4G D5 TA Speed Edition and according to Techpowerup.com requires only 250W which is why HP sells some HP 590 series PCs with the RX550 installed.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Yep, you are correct.  That is what Techpowerup.com says about that card.

In answer to the question - " I looked at the UEFI and where do I switch from integrated to dedicated graphics?"  It is supposed to be automatic when the dedicated graphics card is placed in the slot.  From the spec page -

Integrated video is not available if a graphics card is installed.  If it is not switching, I would expect the graphics card might be defective.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.