Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
8200 elite cmt
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi could anyone help, I have the house 8200 elite cmt,  i5 2500,10 gb ram and 320w max psu. My question is could I run the gtx 1050ti or is there any better graphics cards I could run without other upgrades.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

You should be able to run the GTX 1050ti in your 8200 Elite CMT.

I have the GT1030 in mine and it works great.

I wouldn't push beyond that.  

View solution in original post

31 REPLIES 31
HP Recommended

Hi:

You should be able to run the GTX 1050ti in your 8200 Elite CMT.

I have the GT1030 in mine and it works great.

I wouldn't push beyond that.  

HP Recommended

Can it run newer games do you know? Looking at FPS style games

HP Recommended

That I do not know.

I don't use my PC's for gaming.

I can tell you that Nvidia keeps the drivers updated.

They just released a driver update yesterday for the GT1xxx series.

What I recommend you do is to read the reviews on the card and see what others have to say.

GeForce GTX 1050 Ti review | PC Gamer

Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti review: the ‘budget’ Pascal GPU is out-gunned by AMD’s RX 570 | PCGamesN

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Review (ul.com)

You have to remember that you are dealing with a 10 year old PC, and you are stuck with the 320W power supply it has.

HP Recommended

Ok then, thank you so much for your help. I will read the reviews as you suggested 🙂

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

I did also test an AMD Radeon R7-450 in my 8200 Elite and it also worked fine, but that card isn't even as good as the GT1030.

HP Recommended

The only amd Radeon cards I could find that compare to the 1050 needed to much from my psu so the extra cost to upgrade that also seemed impractical.

HP Recommended

Just read the reviews you sent me and it seems it would be a decent enough card for me. The tax 570 was actually my card of preference but the 450w requirement made it redundant as an option. Thanks again for your fast and great assistance. I am going to go ahead and order the card. 

HP Recommended

Anytime. 

Glad to have been of assistance.

Please post back and let us know how your PC's graphics card upgrade project went.

HP Recommended

Hi:

The gtx 970 won't work primarily because it requires a power supply with 2 x 6 pin supplemental power connectors.

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 Specs | TechPowerUp GPU Database

It also draws 148 Watts and the PCIe x16 slot our PC's have is only rated to support card up to 75Watts.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.