Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion hpe h8-1360t
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello All:

I want to upgrade my PC (an HP Pavilion hpe h8-1360t) to use 3 monitors. Currently, I have an AMD Radeon HD 7570 1GB DDR3 FH PCIe x16 graphics card (DVI-I (dual link), DisplayPort).  It won't allow me to operate 3 monitors simultaneously without an active displayport adapter.  I have a 300w power supply.  I use this workstation for day trading (no gaming). I just need a basic way to use 3 monitors simultaneously.

Question 1:  Can you recommend an active displayport adapter/23" monitor combination to enable a third monitor, using only the 300w power supply?

Question 2: Or, can you recommend a graphics card upgrade that can support 3 monitors without an adapter, using only the 300w power supply?

Thanks in advance for any advice you can share.

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@traydog
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

I see you need help in upgrading the Graphics card, on HP Pavilion HPE H8-1360t desktop PC. Don't worry as I have a few suggestions which should help you.

After reading your post, I did go through the Product specifications of your product and found that you have power supply hardware Options 300w 460w 600w. 

Upgrade options:

Click here to know more about Product Specifications and Configurable Options. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for your kind attention, Echo! 

My current system uses the 7570 Radeon gpu.  I was hoping that someone could share a recommendation for either an active adapter for the DisplayPort connection on the 7570 gpu, along with a compatible monitor, so I can operate three monitors simultaneously.

Or, if there is a replacement graphics card (an upgrade) that will allow me to operate three monitors simultaneously, given the 300w power supply.

HP Recommended

Is the following perhaps a viable solution?

• Dell U2312HM 23-Inch Screen LED-Lit Monitor with DVI connectivity
  • Cable Matters Active DisplayPort to DVI Adapter (Active DP to DVI Adapter) with Eyefinity Technology support
  • Cable Matters DVI to DVI Cable (DVI Dual Link Cable / DVI D Cable

I could connect the active adapter to the gpu, then connect the monitor with the DVI connections.... (?)

HP Recommended

@traydog

To get the answer to this question, The display port adapter Adapts a mini display port to an HDMI input. 

NOTE: HP does not recommend upgrading or downgrading hardware parts or software that is bundled with the product as It may affect the manufacturer's warranty and performance, however, you could change the configuration at your own discretion.

However, you can shop around on Amazon or eBay for Mini display port adapter. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello, All. The answer was to connect an active displayport adapter to the DisplayPort connection on the graphics card. Then connect a 23" monitor with a DVI-D connector to enable the third monitor. No additional cards were needed. Thanks for the recommendations!

HP Recommended

@traydog
Thank you for posting back.

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance.

Have a great day 🙂 

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I was wondering too get a upgradtion on graphics card on my slow PC. I am thinking to get an MSI GTX1080 GRAPHICS card to make my PC a gaming one.

HP Recommended

@carlmaurer
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

To get the answer to this question, Yes! you can upgrade. 
NOTE: HP does not recommend upgrading or downgrading hardware parts or software that is bundled with the product as It may affect the manufacturer's warranty and performance, however, you could change the configuration at your own discretion.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.