Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ProDesk 400 G2 MT (TPM DP)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey there,

I wish to upgrade my HP ProDesk 400 G2 MT (TPM DP) with a graphics card for a dual monitor (HDMI) setup.

I've installed a 500 watts powersupply and a NVidia MSI NX7900GS T2D512EZ graphics card. The graphics card won't, however, show up in the device manager (it does put out a low resolution signal though).

Upon further inverstigation the Maintenance and Service Guide lists the following graphics cards as compatible:

Nvidia NVS310 PCIe x16 graphics card, 512 MB
Nvidia NVS315 PCIe x16 graphics card, 1 GB
AMD Radeon HD8490 DP PCIe x16 graphics card, 1 GB
AMD Radeon HD8470 PCIe x16 graphics card, 2 GB (for use only in the People’s Republic of China)
AMD Radeon HD8350 DH PCIe x16 graphics card, 1 GB
AMD Radeon R9 255 PCIe x16 graphics card, 2 GB
Nvidia GeForce GT630 DP PCIe x16 graphics card, 2 GB

Out of those the only card that allows for dual HDMI/DVI output is the HD8470. Finding one these days will be rather challening, but I guess in case of the other options a display port to hdmi cable would do the job?

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Cheers

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

The other optional card would be the AMD Radeon HD8350 DH PCIe x16 graphics card, 1 GB card.

That card has a DMS-59 to VGA or DVI output.

You would need the DMS-59 to VGA or DVI cable as well.

You will need one with the standard profile mounting bracket.

This one should fit the bill and it comes with the DVI splitter cable you need.

HP AMD Radeon HD 8350 1GB DDR3 Grafikkarte / PCI-express x16 / DMS-59, 2x DVI | eBay

It would also work with the original HP power supply that came with your PC.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

The other optional card would be the AMD Radeon HD8350 DH PCIe x16 graphics card, 1 GB card.

That card has a DMS-59 to VGA or DVI output.

You would need the DMS-59 to VGA or DVI cable as well.

You will need one with the standard profile mounting bracket.

This one should fit the bill and it comes with the DVI splitter cable you need.

HP AMD Radeon HD 8350 1GB DDR3 Grafikkarte / PCI-express x16 / DMS-59, 2x DVI | eBay

It would also work with the original HP power supply that came with your PC.

HP Recommended

Hi,

thanks for your reply. 

Interesting solution. Would the offer you've linked allow for a dual screen (two independent screens in contrast to a doubling of the same image)?

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Yes it would.

That is exactly what the card was designed for.

I have an old 8200 Elite CMT and it came from HP with the older model HD 6350 dual head 512 MB graphics adapter.

Years ago, I gave it to my son because he wanted a dual monitor setup and I only use a single monitor.

I have seen for myself that he uses two independent displays on his monitors with that card.

The HD 8350 is just a newer model graphics card.

HP Recommended

Thank you very much!

HP Recommended

Anytime. 

Glad to have been of assistance.

Please post back and let us know if that card worked for you.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.