Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP 280 G2 Small Form Factor PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am looking at upgrading from the intergrated intel graphics on my HP 280 G2 Small Form Factor PC. Does anyone know if i am restricted with what kind of graphics card i can use with this computer as 1. it is a small form computer and am worrying about it fitting the chassis, 2. I cant find any information about the motherboard this uses so cannot be certain on compatibility and 3. im not sure if it is possible to upgrade my psu to match higher powered graphics cards. Im not looking for anything expensive or high end to put in this but just need somthing better than what its rocking a the moment. I have been looking at the 

MSI NVIDIA GTX 750Ti Gaming 1085MHz (Boost 1163MHz) 5400MHz 2GB 128-bit DDR5 DL-DVI-D HDMI PCI-E Graphics Card but dont want to drop the money without finding out if it would work. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@MattSutton01, welcome to the forum.

Here is the Maintenance and Service Guide for the computer.  On Page 24 it has a list of approved Expansion cards.  Read the Note that states the video card has to be low-profile.  You should assure that the card will work with the power supply unit (PSU), also.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@MattSutton01, welcome to the forum.

Here is the Maintenance and Service Guide for the computer.  On Page 24 it has a list of approved Expansion cards.  Read the Note that states the video card has to be low-profile.  You should assure that the card will work with the power supply unit (PSU), also.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

HP Recommended

Thanks so much for your help!

HP Recommended

You are very welcome, @MattSutton01.  I am glad to help!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.