Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Envy 27-b1xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Good morning, I have a problem on which I have exhausted all my analysis skills.
I have an HP Envy 27-b1xx AIO PC with OS Windows 10 Home Version 20H2 Build19042.1083. I have two internal disks, one SSD Samsung MZVPW256HEGL-000H1with the OS and most of the applications on it, the other is a 1TB HDD Hitachi HGST HTS721010A9E630 on which I had installed some applications and all my personal data. Now it happened that a few days ago all the application and personal files disappeared from the Hitachi HD. I've tried to recover the data with Wondershare RecoverIt without success (unreadable files), I've passed a complete analysis with antivirus (no virus found), I've restored Windows 10 conditions to before the last update (June 2021). The current situation is that everything works: OS and operations on the SSD drive, while on the Hitachi HDD drive I can save and read files, but they disappear after a few hours. I reverted to the OS build version described above, the volatility of the files continues.
Can anyone indicate to me what is happening and what should I do to be able to continue using this internal disk as well?
Thanks to those who will give me some indication.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

If another disk is performing strange that the test is ok, it seems to have a problem

remove whatever is on it if there is still something, format it, completely, then test a few files to see

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello
kind of weird
do the tests, it may be defective

HP PCs - Testing for Hardware Failures | HP® Customer Support

If it works
otherwise see the constructor tools if there is

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Done! All tests passed! I try to use Hitachi Drive Fitness Test

HP Recommended

ok i'm waiting for the result
have you tested the disc with another computer to see if there is the same problem? *

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

Unfortunately, the Hitachi Drive Fitness Test program does not run.

Probably because it is 32-bit?

I couldn't find a 64 version.

The HDD is an internal disk in an all-in-one PC and it is extremely complicated to connect it to another PC.

However, by connecting another Hitachi external HDD to my PC, a different model, the problem of files disappearing does not occur.

HP Recommended

If another disk is performing strange that the test is ok, it seems to have a problem

remove whatever is on it if there is still something, format it, completely, then test a few files to see

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.