Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion HPE h8-1360t
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

can the HPE h8-1360t support 1 WD Black 6TB Performance Hard Drive - 7200 RPM, SATA 6 Gb/s, 256 MB Cache, 3.5" - WD6003FZBX

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You are welcome, @couskae!

I believe you still have to partition the drive as GPT to have Win 10 recognize the drive as one partition.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@couskae, welcome back to the forum.

I believe the drive should work fine.  However, you will have to partition it as GPT, as MBR only allows for 2 TB partitions.  Here is a guide to help you.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

HP Recommended

Thanks so much for your reply, sorry, I should have mentioned, I have installed an SSD with win 10 and actually wanted to use the 6TB drive as Storage, would I be correct in saying that I would NOT need to Partition the Disk and there would be NO issues by increasing the Cache to 256, I'm currently using 128  ?

thanks again 

HP Recommended

I believe you still have to partition the drive as GPT to have Win 10 recognize the drive as one partition.

HP Recommended

Thanks again,

Another question, what should my Boot Startup look like after Installing the SSD and attaching a HDD for storage, would the

below be correct 

IMG_1579a.jpgIMG_1578_b.jpg  

HP Recommended

If you only have one hard drive connected to the the motherboard on SATA0, this should be correct.

HP Recommended

actually, I have the SSD connected to SATA 0 & the 6 TB HDD as storage to the SATA 1 ?

would this be correct ?

I was wondering about the BOOT order in the BIOS, how should I set it up correctly ? The photos I sent has the SSD connected only and the other after connecting the HDD 

Thanks 

HP Recommended

Okay, you should have the boot order set to boot from the SSD if the OS is installed on it and it should be connected to SATA 0.  The HDD should be fine connected to SATA 1.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.