Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
hp 280 g1 mt
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,i have the hp mt 280 g1 desktop with the pentium g 3250,so i want to ask,does the motherboard supports any i5-i7 cpu?If so is there any cpu upgrade list?Also which is the max ram i can use?

thanks in regard.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Looking at two documents you can see they are not on the same date. Depending on when, therefore very hard to tell. HP had some series which could go for few years. HP now put G0, G1, G2 .... and those "generations" make life a bit easier.

Since two documents are for same G1, that may be true and you need to upgate BIOS.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please check a list from the following document:

http://www8.hp.com/h20195/v2/GetPDF.aspx/c04441676.pdf

Regards.

BH
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

thanks fo the quick answer,i have also seen another page http://store.hp.com/wcsstore/hpusstore/pdf/AMS_HP_280_G1_Microtower_Desktop_PC_Datasheet.pdf

which show that it supports i5 4590(S)-4690(S)-i7 4790

Is this true?

Also the memory configuration shows max 2 dimms of 4gb,but max memory is 16gb,so that means that an 8 gb dimm will work?

HP Recommended

Hi,

Looking at two documents you can see they are not on the same date. Depending on when, therefore very hard to tell. HP had some series which could go for few years. HP now put G0, G1, G2 .... and those "generations" make life a bit easier.

Since two documents are for same G1, that may be true and you need to upgate BIOS.

Regards.

BH

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.