Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

the dimensions are: 6.8 x 1.62 x 4.38 inches

HP Recommended

@rhumes13,

The 1650 is still readily available both new and used.

But I totally agree on the RTX 2060 series -these are very stable and reliable graphics cards.

They are currently also very affordable: please check out these amazing (IMO) deals:

Amazon.com: ASUS Dual GeForce RTX 2060 EVO OC Edition Graphics Card (PCIe 3.0, 12GB GDDR6 Memory, HD...; an ASUS Dual GeForce RTX 2060 EVO OC Edition Graphics Card 12GB GDDR6 offered new for $303.99.

The dimensions for this card are (LxHxW): 9.53 x 5.12 x 2.09 inches and it need one 8-pin PCIe power cable.

Or this RTX 2060 option: Amazon.com: EVGA GeForce RTX 2060 12GB XC Black Gaming, 12G-P4-2261-KR, 12GB GDDR6, Dual Fans, Metal...: EVGA GeForce RTX 2060 XC Black Gaming12GB GDDR6 offered for $266.90.

The dimensions for this card are (LxHxW): 10.55 x 4.38 x 2.00 inches and also needs one 8-pin PCIe power cable.

There are many other GPU deals out there, both new and used (eBay) -whatever it is you are looking for.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

so would either of these fit my PC? would I be able to play newer games with it?

HP Recommended

the PSU and the processor stays the same right?

HP Recommended

@rhumes13,

You need at least a 550 watt ATX power supply equipped with one 8-pin PCIe power cable to power an RTX 2060 graphics card.  The processor stays the same, and either of the aforementioned RTX 2060 GPUs should fit.  After all, your desktop is named an HP Pavilion Power 580-023w Gaming Tower.

To double-check, please turn off your PC, remove the top case panel and looking straight down to your motherboard, please measure, as best you can, the length of the red line as illustrated below:

NonSequitur777_0-1660512305620.png

Let me know what the approximate length is.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

@rhumes13,

And yes, you would be able to play new games with an RTX 2060.  You should be able to see excellent gaming frame rates at high and ultra 1080p settings.

As you mentioned, you have 16GB of RAM, which is good.  Remind me what you have as your primary (boot) drive (C:).  Preferably, you really should have a Solid State Drive (SSD), but that is something you can change later if you want.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

i actually do have a SSD on hand. i wasn't sure if i replace the HDD or the CD drive. it does have extra slots on there but for some reason it wouldn't work

HP Recommended

It's about 5.5in

HP Recommended

@rhumes13,

Both of the aforementioned RTX 2060 graphics cards should fit.  Mind you, these are just two examples of many different options, mostly depending on your budget constraints -but they are currently affordably priced.

Here are HP Pavilion 580-0xx Users with your Odense-2K (SSID: 82F1) motherboard, and take a look what GPUs they picked: https://www.userbenchmark.com/System/HP-Pavilion-Power-Desktop-580-0xx/69348.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

Ok I kind of understand what to get now. I'll be careful to choose the right parts

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.