Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Power Desktop - 580-023w
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello i'm currently trying to upgrade my PC with a few new parts and currently trying to connect everything to the motherboard but then I noticed the USB 2.0 wires aren't there. Were they always missing because i'm concerned.

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

hi

what do you mean exactly?
A motherboard can have free connectors, so no wires!

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Also I forget where this work connects to because it's the only one not connected so far

HP Recommended

It wouldn't let me post a pic but it's a black wire with a white tab with 4 holes

HP Recommended

5-pin and 10-pin USB connectors

HP Recommended

sorry, it's still not clear to me
Note, you can edit an answer, rather than adding one each time!
Here you have the possible connectors for some of the motherboard
I don't see what else I can tell you

Vue de dessus de la carte mère Odense2-K

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Front USB 2.0 pinouts

HP Recommended

Here is a magnification of the image shown by @Prométhée 

BeemerBiker_0-1661781300351.png

There are two front usb "2" headers. You should already have these USB and audio cables

Those USB2 white connects are available for use but are probably not needed as there are plenty of USB3 and USB2 already

Thank you for using HP products and posting to the community.
I am a community volunteer and do not work for HP. If you find
this post useful click the Yes button. If I helped solve your
problem please mark this as a solution so others can find it
HP Recommended

hi

"Front USB 2.0 pinouts"

as I tried to make you understand, you do not specify very well what you want to do and where the problem lies here..
"and currently trying to connect everything to the motherboard but then I noticed the USB 2.0 wires aren't there."
"Also I forget where this work connects to because it's the only one not connected so far"
So again, either you have free slots, in which case do you want to install something here?
Or do you have unconnected wires, because you unplugged them, or because you don't know if it should be connected somewhere?
as I said before, you can have connectors, not used and your box may not allow you to have this possibility in addition!

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-pavilion-power-580-000-desktop-pc-series/16425610/model/1734...

7-in-1 media card reader

Front I/O ports

• USB 3.0: 1
  • USB 3.0-Type C: 1

Back I/O ports

USB 2.0: 2

USB 3.0: 2

Odense2-K motherboard specifications.

Front USB 3.0 type c  use

usb 3.0  use

front usb 2.0 seem no use

The card reader can sometimes / often be connected to the usb port, I don't know if the case, and where here, but it should be easily checked by following the cable if it has not been disconnected!

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.