Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 690-0067c
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm trying to find out what the max memory I can install in my HP 690-0067c desktop.

The motherboard is a Sunflower SSID: 8433.

From what I read, it looks like 16gig is the max but that's hard to believe.

Has anyone installed 32 or 64gig in their machines?

My computer is really bogged down using Photoshop.

Thanks

Jim

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi, Jim:

The Crucial memory report indicates that you can install 2 x 16 GB of memory in your PC.

Memory RAM & SSD Upgrades | hp - compaq | pavilion 690 series | Pavilion 690-0067c | Crucial.com

So does the HP specs page...

HP Pavilion 690-0067c Gaming Desktop PC Product Specifications | HP® Customer Support

Before buying memory, take a look at what is installed in there now.

Don't get the gaming memory unless that is what the PC came with because you can't adjust any of the timing specs in the BIOS, as far as I am aware.

Non gaming memory would look like this...

Crucial 32GB Kit (2 x 16GB) DDR4-2666 UDIMM | CT2K16G4DFD8266 | Crucial.com

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi, Jim:

The Crucial memory report indicates that you can install 2 x 16 GB of memory in your PC.

Memory RAM & SSD Upgrades | hp - compaq | pavilion 690 series | Pavilion 690-0067c | Crucial.com

So does the HP specs page...

HP Pavilion 690-0067c Gaming Desktop PC Product Specifications | HP® Customer Support

Before buying memory, take a look at what is installed in there now.

Don't get the gaming memory unless that is what the PC came with because you can't adjust any of the timing specs in the BIOS, as far as I am aware.

Non gaming memory would look like this...

Crucial 32GB Kit (2 x 16GB) DDR4-2666 UDIMM | CT2K16G4DFD8266 | Crucial.com

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.