Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended

Hello

We have a dozen HP 8000 Elite SFF with 2GB. 

We want to upgrade them to 8 GB witn market memory.

We tried several manufactures memory and we get always a red flashing led and 4/5 beeps and no POST.

We search in the specs of the memory and they are supposed to support DDR3-10600 memory modules with 9-9-9 latency.

We tried DDR3-10600 CL9 from G.Skills and Kingstom and no luck.

we upgraded the BIOS to the latest version, we placed only one dim in the black socket and no luck. We had an one year old memory dim from g.skill that worked, but the same memory manufactured later didn' work.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Finally the transcend JM133KLN-4G has worked.

i think the kingstom kth9600B may also work

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
HP Recommended

i guess the issue must arise from the missing unbuffered word.

I guess my modules are registered, or buffered and HP most problably does only support unbuffered.

By the way I disabled quickboot option and i still fails

HP Recommended

Memory can be specific to a model. Here are your choices from Crucial.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

Hi:

I have an 8000 Elite CMT which uses the same memory as the SFF, and I installed 4 x 4 GB of this memory and it works just fine.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231421

And yes, it is unbuffered, non-ECC.

Buffered/ECC memory will not work in any HP dc7xxx or 8xxx Elite business desktop.

HP Recommended

Thanks boys

The only issue here is that those particular models are not are not available in my country, this is to say, although I can find a Crucial Memory with the same specs, the P/N is not the same showed as compatible in the crucial web. So it is like tosssing a coin.

I bought non-ecc, but it was not stated anywhere whether was buffered or unbuffered, so I will return it.

I am going to order from amazon 3 brands 10600 CL9 non-ecc unbuffered and for sure one will work.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Good idea.   One of the 3 if not all, should work.

HP Recommended

This equipment is impossible. Finally I order only one from Crucial.

We tried the Crucial CT51264BA1339, that in theory is spec by spec compatible with the computer, and it is available at amazon, and it didn't work. We have 8 units of the HP 8000 that we got used at good price, so we need a solution. We asked the seller who recognised they tryed dozens and finally the managed to make it work with a hylix, but I am not able to buy online.

I am so fed up of sending back memory.

I have to give a try to another one.... and I don't know which one...

HP Recommended

Finally the transcend JM133KLN-4G has worked.

i think the kingstom kth9600B may also work

HP Recommended

That is good news. 

Glad you found something that worked.

I'm glad I didn't have any issues like you did.

The G.Skill memory I bought worked right from the get-go.

HP Recommended

Tried Corsair, Transcend, Kingston (all in accordance with the HP requirements) but in vain.

2 pairs of matched G.Skill (2x4GB each)  F3-10600CL9D-8GBNT (one pair slot 1 and 3, the other pair slot 2 and 4) worked

at the first go.

Bought them from JACOB Elektronik at a very reasonable Price.

Best Regards and Good Luck

Frank

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.