Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 975 Keyboard
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I recently bought a HP 975 Keyboard and installed HP Accessory Center to go with it

However the only way I can get the keyboard to show up / be connected in the program is to completely forget the keyboard, restart the computer and re connect it.

I get exactly the same outcome weather I use dongle or Bluetooth connection

I have updated the keyboards firmware but I think that only fixed an issue where the keyboard crashed itself?

I do stock and sell these keyboards but I don't want my customers to have the same issues

The computer I am using is a HP Z workstation and I have tested on other computers

I think that the Accessory Center may just be bugged

Is there any known fix I can try?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @Blair_3,

Welcome to The HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

I understand there are a few steps you can take to troubleshoot and potentially resolve the issue with the HP 975 Keyboard not showing up in the HP Accessory Center (HPAC):

Check for HPAC Updates: Ensure you have the latest version of HP Accessory Center installed. Sometimes, software updates include bug fixes that can resolve connectivity issues.

Reinstall HPAC: Uninstall the HP Accessory Center, restart your computer, and then reinstall the software. This can help reset any configurations or corrupted files that might be causing the issue.

Update Drivers: Make sure your Bluetooth and USB drivers are up to date. Outdated drivers can sometimes cause connectivity problems. You can update them via the Device Manager:

• Open Device Manager.
  • Find and expand the Bluetooth and USB sections.
  • Right-click each device and select "Update driver".

Firmware Update: Although you mentioned updating the keyboard’s firmware, it’s worth checking again for any new updates. Manufacturers sometimes release multiple updates in a short period to address ongoing issues.  Update the firmware on an HP printer

Reset the Keyboard: Perform a factory reset of the keyboard. This might help clear any internal settings that are causing the issue. Refer to the user manual for specific instructions on how to reset the HP 975 Keyboard.

Bluetooth Settings: Ensure that the Bluetooth settings on your computer are properly configured:

• Go to Settings > Devices > Bluetooth & other devices.
  • Make sure Bluetooth is turned on.
  • Remove the keyboard from the list of paired devices and then re-pair it.

Test on Another System: Since you have multiple computers, try using the keyboard and HPAC on another system to determine if the issue is specific to your current setup.

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Gaya1239 – HP Support.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I tried everything that you suggested:

• HPAC is up to date and latest version (2.14.3275 as of writing)
  • I have now reinstalled HPAC Several times
  • Drivers and everything are all up to date and fine
  • I checked firmware updates again (no idea why you are linking to update printer firmware???)
  • I reset the keyboard
  • Bluetooth settings are ok, its basic stuff
  • I have tested on various other systems at work of different manufacturers

The issue still persists

On a fresh install of HPAC and re adding the keyboard AND restarting the computer.

The keyboard will detect in HPAC and show as connected where I can configure etc.

Immediately after rebooting from that, every time it will show up disconnected and the keyboard wont show up in the software again until I redo everything

Its a lot of steps every time I or one of my customers have to follow every time you "Just want to change a setting"

I firmly believe that this is an issue with your software

HP Recommended

Hi @Blair_3,

Thank you for your response, I appreciate your efforts. As the issue persists, I am sorry to hear that I'm sending out a private message to assist you with the next course of action. 

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Community profile Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it or simply click on this link.

I hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Gaya1239 – HP Support.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.