Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
27-A010
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Windows prompted me to update a few days ago, since the update I had lost my touch function. The driver is gone, no touch device shows in Device Manager anymore, the touch function also does not work in the bios. I have since factory reset the PC which has not helped. Can someone please tell me this is not a hardware issue as it was working just fine, since purchase over a year ago, up until that Windows Update.

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@JLick

Please download and re-install the following Intel HD Graphics Driver :

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp85001-85500/sp85346.exe

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thanks for this suggestion.  I have downloaded and installed sp85346.exe. Restarted PC and a dialogue finished testing/installing. After, still no driver listed in device manager, nor any pen/touch info recognized. Issue still persists.

HP Recommended

@JLick

Please try the following fix

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware-winpc/hid-compliant-touch-scre...

Otherwise roll back to Restore point or uninstall updates few days ago.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thanks again for the reply. I went through that whole thread before you replied, trying all the fixes. Nothing has worked.

EDIT: I cannot rollback a driver for a item not listed in the device manager. I also tried factory resetting PC and reinstalling windows as was also recommended and neither worked. So no restore point. No visible driver (Yes, I have enabled "HIDDEN DEVICES")

The touch screen does not work in bios. The fix for the driver from HP's driver site says runtime error everytime it searches for a touch device, and crashes. I've already updated all my visual studio. Seems MicroSoft and HP are playing the blame game on who is at fault and neither wants to take responsibility. I know I'm not the only one with this issue after days of research. And I also know this is not user-error. It's been beyond frustrating that the selling feature of my PC is just broken. $1000 anchor is how it feels right about now.

HP Recommended

I now have the exact same issue. Touch just stopped working. Tried just about every suggestion out there,  The BIOS is not reporting it as a Touch device so everything after that is not seeing it.  There are several streams of the same topic going on in HP Support.

HP Recommended

I am having the same problem with my Hp 27-a010 all in one. The touch screen is not working and the bios is saying it is not a touch screen. Anyone have a solution?

HP Recommended

i have the same problem, with my hp all in one.

the HID touch screen driver is no longer listed, its gone, and its after ive updated windows 10

Thumb`S Up for Touch Screen all in one computer, as you might only us without Touchscreen

HP Recommended

Are there someone, how might have the solotion, how i can get my HID Touch screen driver back?

All do i have to bring my computer back to the shop, and recommend others not to purchase those kind of computers to anyone.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.