Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
24-g059na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello

I bought this All-in-one about 9 months ago and suddenly (I guess after an update) the touch has stopped working. There are no touch screen drivers and no information about it anywhere. I tried the troubleshooting on HP, but it asks if my PC actually has touchscreen :womanfrustrated: and then to update the HID-compliant touch screen, but thats not there!

I have searched everywhere online and I just can't figure out what is wrong. I can't find any drivers to download. I'm not  an expert but I do know my way around but I still don't know what to do!!

Please can someone help. 

Thanks 

27 REPLIES 27
HP Recommended

Hi! @Effz525, Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues, with help from the community!

I understand you have touchscreen issues with your PC.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any software or hardware changes on your PC?

Has your computer completed its important Windows updates?

Try updating the touchscreen firmware and BIOS on your PC and check if it helps.

Please find the link to update the touchscreen controller firmware.

Also, update the BIOS on your using this link.

If the issue still persists try the steps recommended below.

Enable the touch screen driver in Device Manager:
1. In Windows, search for and open Device Manager.
2. Expand the Human Interface Devices heading.
3. The touch screen device is labeled HID-compliant touch screen, or similar. Right-click the touch screen device.
4. If the option to enable the device is included in the menu, click Enable.

If the Enable option does not appear in the menu, continue to the next step:
1. Reinstall the touch screen driver in Device Manager
2. Install Windows updates
3. Update the BIOS and graphics driver
4. Configure the touch display
5. Perform a touch screen diagnostic test in HP Hardware Diagnostics UEFI.

Refer this article to know more information about running system diagnostics on your PC.

Let me know if this works! 
Have a great day ahead! 🙂

Please click "Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the "Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say "Thanks" for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi there

Thank you for your reply. I haven't made any hardware or software changes. I think I have accepted to all updates that have been recommended so far.

I updated the BIOS as you suggested but when I update the touchscreen controller firmware I get this error message:

This touch panel IC firmware update is for ILITEK only.
Please ignore this firmware update program and exit this program.

Also, the first solution - Enable the touch screen driver in Device Manager, the device is labeled HID-compliant touch screen, or similar isn't there at all? I have seen it there before when it was working but seems to have dissapeared. 

If you could please get back to me I'd really appreciate it. 

Thanks

HP Recommended

@Effz525, It's great to hear from you again.

I appreciate your efforts for trying out the steps.

As you mentioned the issue still persists after trying out the steps. As you mentioned HID-compliant touch screen is missing from device manager.

Try installing the touchscreen firmware and graphics driver from recovery manager and check if it helps.

Refer this article to know how to restore drivers using HP recovery manager.

Let me know how it goes!

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly. 

What will be written in the recovery manager? There is nothing relating to "touchscreen firmware and graphics driver". 

I have attached what shows up. If you can please let me know which ones to re-install.

Thank you for your help! 

recoverymanager1.jpgrecoverymanager2.jpg

HP Recommended

Greetings @Effz525, I am the @Chimney_83. It looks like you were interacting with @A4Apollo, but he is out of the office today so I'll take over from here.

Thanks for the reply and providing the screenshot of the drivers available in recovery manager. 

Have you tested the touchscreen as suggested earlier? 

If the touchscreen fails the test, request you contact our phone support for the service options available for your computer as it a hardware issue. Click here for assistance in booting the computer to system diagnostics. 

If the touchscreen passes the test, restart your computer. 

Install Intel Chipset driver and Intel HD Graphics Driver as shared in the screenshot by you from the recovery manager. 

Let me know if this helped. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
I am having the exact same issue with my hp 24-b021 all in one. Did you ever resolve this? How?
HP Recommended

I am having this exact same issue as well with the 24-b021. Started around a month or so ago. Exact Same issue with driver update also.

Would really like to see a response from HP on this since there was no resolution on this thread and no further responses...

HP Recommended

Hello 

I contacted HP within the warranty period and let them know. They went through all the options (which I had already done myself from their help section) and after an hour or so with the help of teamviewer the guy told me to do a complete recovery. 

I wasn't able to do it straight away and told him I'll do it when I'm back home after a month or so (and by the the warranty would have expired). He told me that should it not work, they will fix the problem because the case was opened while the warranty was valid. 

Anyway, I did as they asked but it still wasn't working. I called up and they didn't seem to acknowledge that I was told they would fix it. They kept insisting that because its out of warranty they can't do anything and if I wanted it repaired I'd need to pay for it as a cost of £350+. 

I was not going to pay for it since I was told they would fix it. So I contaced the CEO and explained the situation. I'm glad to say that they actually got back to me and helped me in the end. 

They called me up a few days later and they said it says on my case that they will pick it up for repair at their cost. Picked it up on Friday and I got it back on Thursday. Turned out that it was a hardware issue, they replaced the motherboard! 

If your machine is still under warranty, I'd suggest contacting them asap and getting it fixed. Hope that helps. 

HP Recommended
Glad im not the only one, but sorry you are having same trouble. Mine shows an unknown usb device (device descriptor request failed) in device manager and the hid compliant touchscreen is grayed out. Do u have same problem?

I have tried updating all drivers and when i try to install the driver from the hp website for the touchscreen it says that i do not have the ILITEK touchscreen hardware. I know i do, ive opened up the machine and seen it.

Very frustrating....
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.