Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Compaq 8000 Elite Small For
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a HP Compaq 8000 Elite Small Form Factor pc with an integrated graphics (chip).

I want to upgrade to a PCI-E graphics card including HDMI output. In some manual for this PC the ATI HD 4550 (RV710) 256MB PCIe X16 is recommended.

Are there any other graphic cards that can be installed? For instance: ASUS GeForce EN210 SILENT/DI/1GD3/V2 - 1GB - PCI-E ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

That's right, and if you look at the package contents, the low profile brackets are included.

You will have to remove the standard height PCI mounting bracket on the video card, and replace it with the low profile mounting bracket.

If you don't use the VGA port, you can remove that from the video card's board.

If you do use the VGA port, you will have to remove the adjacent PCI blank and install the VGA port on the other low profile VGA mounting bracket that is included.

I don't know of any video cards you can buy off the shelf with the low profile bracket already in place.

It takes 5 minutes to swap them out.  I've done it several times.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi:

I recommmend the ASUS Radeon HD 6450 graphics card.

The Radeon HD 6450 the optional graphics card for the 8200 Elite SFF.

The 8200 Elite SFF has the same 240W power supply as your model.

https://www.amazon.com/Asus-PCI-Express-EAH6450-SILENT-1GD3/dp/B004X8EO6Q

HP Recommended

Hello,

I don't think this card will fit, since the outer bracket is far to wide for this small form HP PC.

The PCI-E 2x16 socket will fit, but space for the bracket is just about 10 cm  (3 inch).

Is there a special size needed / available?

HP Recommended

That's right, and if you look at the package contents, the low profile brackets are included.

You will have to remove the standard height PCI mounting bracket on the video card, and replace it with the low profile mounting bracket.

If you don't use the VGA port, you can remove that from the video card's board.

If you do use the VGA port, you will have to remove the adjacent PCI blank and install the VGA port on the other low profile VGA mounting bracket that is included.

I don't know of any video cards you can buy off the shelf with the low profile bracket already in place.

It takes 5 minutes to swap them out.  I've done it several times.

HP Recommended

I am using an HDMI adapter from the Display output port to HDMI.  No video card was required.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.