Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP DC7800mt

Trying to update my bios to upgrade my cpu as a learning experiment.  HP no long er supports this computer?  

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

it is and OLD PC, no PC size stated, and mobo vary by  that factory and same reason BIOS VERSION TOO.  none told by you

I will now guess CMT (tower full)

your support page is clear on that, right what it there and offered

The BIOS will to update for 2 reasons

1: it is already at most current.

2: or there is no updates ever , case by case model by model

no PC made has bios updates for all pCs ever made not even 20 years old.

some maker end it at 10 years. old

CMT last one is here on YOUR support page. 2015 and listed on bottom of page not top, very odd that. (super odd)

ROM Firmware for HP Compaq dc7800 (786F1)

v01.35 Rev.A6.4 MBNov 27, 2015Download

4.02 Rev. A there is  bios flash utility.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-compaq-dc7800-convertible-minitower-pc/3459240

NO warranty answers by me.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.