Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY All-in-One - 32-a0055
Microsoft Windows 11

Bottom right of screen Hp Display Control upgrade notice appears. I click OK and it takes me to a NOT FOUND page displays with the following message:

"The requested URL/storage/nawest1/hpi.origin.cdn.level3.net/published/pub/caps-softpaq/HP/DC/HPDC_ Service_4.788.0.exe was not found on this server"

Then a Close Window HP Display Control screen replaces the upgrade notice screen.

What is going on and how can I remove this notice from appearing.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@IIDCNYC,

I could be mistaken, but since HP decommissioned the SoftPaq Download Manager in August 2019, perhaps try to run its replacement (HP Image Assistant) which can be downloaded here: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02860501.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

hi@IIDCNYC @NonSequitur777 

for computers, non-professional, we will use more hp support assistant

HP Support Assistant | HP® Official Site

but as for the display control error, it's not new
I have already proposed solutions, but no return for some!

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.