Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Elite 8300
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I was wondering if there is gonna be a option to update the TPM 1.2 to 2.0 to support Windows 11? I did try the Dev Leaved build and Windows 11 did install and it even installed in Legacy. But Now I hear the official release is going to require TPM 2.0 and Secure Boot. I already have Secure Boot option but it's on legacy right now because I upgraded from 7 to 10 and cannot be changed without a reinstall. I I am just curious about this. I hope HP will release a update to support Windows 11 this model is still a good model and it works perfect.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @i386 .
You can forcibly install windows 11 by following the instructions in the link below:

Forcibly install Windows 11.
Note: the information is in Spanish, but that is not a problem that an online translator cannot solve.

I am proudly Mexican, a Computer Systems Engineer and a community volunteer.
If you found the answer helpful and/or you want to say “thanks”? Click the “ Yes ” box below Did I help solve the problem? don´t forget to click “ Accept as a solution” , someone who has the same query may find this solution and be helped by it.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi:

Unfortunately, the TPM cannot be upgraded to 2.0.

Your PC won't be eligible to run the public release of W11, because the current processor requirements are 8th gen core processors.

Microsoft is testing other PC's with the Intel 6th and 7th gen core processors and will make a decision whether or not they will relax the current processor requirements but they will only be going back to the 6th gens at the lowest.

HP Recommended

Hello @i386 .
You can forcibly install windows 11 by following the instructions in the link below:

Forcibly install Windows 11.
Note: the information is in Spanish, but that is not a problem that an online translator cannot solve.

I am proudly Mexican, a Computer Systems Engineer and a community volunteer.
If you found the answer helpful and/or you want to say “thanks”? Click the “ Yes ” box below Did I help solve the problem? don´t forget to click “ Accept as a solution” , someone who has the same query may find this solution and be helped by it.

HP Recommended

@Paul_Tikkanen

Thanks for the help. I got a manual I thought there may be a TPM on the Motherboard.
But I guess it's not. I know on Asus and Gigabyte there is a upgrade module you
can buy. A lot of people are gonna just throw out there system and buy a new system.
It is sad Microsoft has done this but I guess in the long run it's for security. Me
personally I do not know yet what I am gonna do. On the HP Elite 8300 I might just keep
Windows 10. I have a Dell XPS 8930 and I know it will work without any tweaks or registry
hacks.
I would be really upset if the XPS 8930 did not support Windows 11 because I paid a lot of
money for this system.

@GOLD_MASTER

Thanks for that info I will keep that saved and if I ever decide to run Windows 11 it
will be useful. I also know people who refurbish these systems. I will pass it on to
them but they may just want to use Windows 10 and not bother with the force install.
Because if a customer has to reinstall they will not know what to do.

BTW I did try the DEV leaked build and it worked.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

There is a TPM in the 8300 Elite but it is only version 1.2 and cannot be upgraded.

For now you can install W11 on many PC's that don't meet the requirements but once Microsoft releases W11 to the public for general use and a PC does not meet the requirements at the time of release, it will not be able to be upgraded.

I installed W11 on a PC for testing that does not meet the processor requirements, and when Microsoft releases W11 to the public, I will have to reinstall W10, because they will never lower the processor requirements to the AMD 7th gen processors.

The same for the 8300 Elite.  You can install W11 on it for testing, but Microsoft will never go back as far as the Intel 3rd gen core processors to support W11, and you have the TPM 1.2 issue.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.