Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Envy 27S 4k monitor

This is about the monitor alone - I couldn't find a section for monitors. The screen fell off its stand - which has happened to other users according to the product's reviews. I was wondering how to go about arranging a repair and the associated costs. There didn't seem an option to contact HP directly as it is out of warranty. Please advise

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@aesza

Hello Thank you for posting your concerns on the HP Support Forums. I have brought your matters to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They may request for some additional information from you in order to look up your case or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Please keep in mind not to post any personal information publicly (serial numbers, phone numbers, and etc.). If you have any additional questions please send me a private message. Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I Work for HP

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi,

Is this your HP 27S monitor?  Try the warranty check link on the product page as a double check.  You should get one full year of warranty coverage.

I suggest that you contact HP Support and discuss the issue of the unit falling of the stand. Perhaps HP has an extended coverage warranty for this specific issue.

You might also want to check the extended electronic warranty coverage with your credit card company if the monitor was purchased with a credit card. You might qualify for an extra year of coverage.

Post back if you can't resolve the issue.  I can try to have HP escalate the issue.

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended
Hi thanks for the reply!

I have checked and it says out of warranty since march 2017. There's no option to repair it just says pay for diagnostics check but I don't need one - the screen is broken that's all (not cracked physically on the plastic/glass screen but when you turn it on half of it is cracked).

Thanks again
HP Recommended

Hi,

I'll ask HP to look into your issue.

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended

@aesza

Hello Thank you for posting your concerns on the HP Support Forums. I have brought your matters to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They may request for some additional information from you in order to look up your case or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Please keep in mind not to post any personal information publicly (serial numbers, phone numbers, and etc.). If you have any additional questions please send me a private message. Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I Work for HP
HP Recommended

Hello,

how did this case turn out? I have the exact same problem. Monitor fell of the stand when I tried to plug in another cabel for my laptop. Screen is broken now. I have a service ticket, but no response yet.

Greetings,

BrokenScreen123

HP Recommended

I also had the same problem with this monitor. HP denied that the model has a defective stand, even though almost everybody faced with the same result with this particular model. I sent it for repair and they told me that there are no repair parts for this screen. I called the customer service, which turned out to be in India.. and they also refused me to give any details about physical office locations in Montreal nor helped me out in any way (Shouting to a customer is not acceptable also). Is this the way how HP behave their customers? As a customer, i have no fault in this accident. Due to an unstable, defective stand, I lost my $400+ screen. Like others, I want to be compensated, if I wanted to lose $400+, I could have easily burnt it.

HP Recommended

@Alp96

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

if HP denies warranty repair, you have one final option (actually two)

1. have a local repair shop replace the screen, this can be expensive and cost more than the unit is worth!

2. open up the case your self, remove the bad screen note the screens model number, and use google to source a replacement screen, then install the replacement screen yourself, this method is not for everyone if you have little patience, tend to yank and pull at parts instead of taking time and gently remove connections/cables do not try this yourself. however if you build models,  woodworking or any other hobby/trade that demands moderate skill and attention you might be able to do this yourself. if possible go to a local computer shop and ask to see a All In One system that is open for repair to get a idea of whats involved or look on yiutube for a video.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.