Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you are having hardware issues with your computer, please, Click here for more information.
HP Recommended

Dear Hp and All,
Please help troubleshoot my HP Laptop 15-dy2702dx (6K7X6UA) [Laptop Serial Number: 5CD314B6CB] Sound card issue since my laptop does not recognize it and no sound can be produced. 
I also don't know how to locate it after I disassembled the back panel
Please advise,
Thank you,
Z

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I found the speaker unharmed and the wires were intact. 
The part had the label with the code SBCDN187IXS00031261JVN.
This is a laptop - possibly no sound card exists but a sound chip is soldered to the motherboard. 
Can this issue be tested somehow - how do I know it is not a software-related issue?
The laptop worked fine and suddenly stopped producing voice and it tell: "No audio devices found"

HP Recommended

I could connect with the Bluetooth of the laptop to my Galaxy Airbuds and there is voice with this method but the laptop itself still can't produce any voice using the laptop hardware. 
Please advise how to trouble shoot this issue.
Thanks,
Z

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.