Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion All-in-one 27-r014
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have an HP Pavilion All-in-one (product number: 2HJ22AA). When I run a system check, it states that "Hard drive 1" has failed.

From what I am researching, this all in 1 has a 16 GB NVMe M.2 TLC Solid State Drive and a standard 3.5" hard drive. Can someone tell me what the 16 GB NVMe drive is for? Also, based on the failure, is it saying the NVMe SSD failed or the standard 3.5" Hard Drive has failed?

I am trying to purchase replacement parts and want to make sure I located the correct hardware to replace.

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Zeek04,

The HP 27-r014 upgrade and service manual.

The 16GB NVMe is a disk cache device used to speed up HD access.   Just replace the 1 TB 3.5" HD with a similar product. I am bias to WD. See this WD 1TB Black with 5 year warranty.   Just swap it out, and let WIN 10 format the drive.

Download Tool Now  (I suggest a 16GB flash drive) then follow directions for install for different PC.  Do not enter any product key, it will find it within the BIOS NRAM.  It will validate upon Internet connection.

If you want to try salvaging any data files (documents, pictures, music) off the old drive, use this device.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

Thank you Wb2001 for the details!

I have the new SSD and am working on installing Windows. The problem I am running into now is that when I attempt to install Windows 10 using the media creation tool from MS, I get an error "Windows cannot be installed on this disk. This computer's hardware may not support booting to this disk. Ensure that the disk's controller is enabled in computer's BIOS menu." I get this error when selecting the partition to install Windows on during setup.

Windows setup does see the new hard drive. I have attempted loading drivers for the controller, and still same problem. Should I just remove the NVMe disk at this point, would that be causing the issue? Or is there a storage controller driver I am missing? I have tried every controller driver listed on HP's website for this model and none work.

Please help!

Thanks!

HP Recommended

@Zeek04,

I would remove the 16GB MVMe, and try again.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.